Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

$1.4m in 10 years: the single secret to my success

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 17 Nov 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 1
Peter Younghusband’s personal equity pot of $1.4m spread across eight properties would be nothing remarkable if it weren’t for the fact that he has built it on a teacher’s salary. It’s an achievement that has allowed him to semi-retire – and he’s only 43. Read on to find out how he did it…
  • | 21 Apr 2015, 05:21 PM Agree 0
    What has happened to Peter since?
  • Stan | 22 Jun 2015, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    Teachers salary's and Super are pretty damn good aren't they?
  • Maurice | 06 Aug 2015, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    Articles like this just make me feel sad about how late I arrived to this country, with a teachers salary nowadays you probably could afford just a unit in a crappy suburb 50 or 60 Kms from any major city
  • Devil's advocate | 14 Jun 2016, 02:31 PM Agree 0
    I want to know what his strategy is given the properties don't repay principal... this is delaying the day of reckoning. What if the values go down and the banks call in loans? He gets sick and can't even do casual teaching? I thought the economy was looking a bit sick. I'd be extremely nervous if I were Peter and not just from having been a supply teacher myself but he seems completely lackadaisical re paying off principal. If he doesn't do this and can't sell for a profit his whole plan to live off gains is foiled as I'm assuming he doesn't plan to live off rent in future.
  • Prop Invest | 21 Oct 2016, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    Amazing he pulled it off and well done!
  • Henry | 04 Dec 2016, 07:03 AM Agree 0
    I have just inherited 1.7 mil And am also looking to invest. I am also a teacher. But what does he own? They are all interest only bloody loans. On paper he owns the evaluation gain of each property but the market is fickle away from solid investments like Sydney Canberra Melbourne I wouldn't be have articles written up about me retiring at 43. I'd be continuing on full time and getting the principals down. Anyway I am yet to see a financial adviser so could be very wrong I guess. I am also looking at some DHA properties possibly.
Post a reply