Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

4 year old duplex in S E Qld

Notify me of new replies via email
Steve | 25 Oct 2012, 01:03 AM Agree 0
Hi all
I have a set of duplexes in S E Qld we have been trying to sell for a while now and not getting too many bites. Our real estate agent and ourselves think the price is reasonable and rental return is about 6-7%. These are very generous units on a 1200m block and has me stumped why they haven't moved yet. Any ideas or tips in regards to advertising etc and just general thoughts about my situation?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Steve
  • Brando | 25 Oct 2012, 10:54 AM Agree 0
    Have you had any interest at all?
    even put up a sign "are you interested in a rental income? ring 1800 xxx xxx"
    if you get any bites, ask the people "do you think this is the right price?" and "what would you pay?"
    then help them purchase the property by aranging things like mortgage broker etc.
  • Lisa | 30 Oct 2012, 11:13 PM Agree 0
    Everythng sells for the right price, and rarely sells for an inflated price. Although your agent and you think it's appropriately priced, chances are that buyers don't agree. If your price is too high, most people will just walk straight past your place and look for competitively priced places. Sorry, but price/value are essential in a buyers market.
Post a reply