Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Anyone want their tax questions answered?

Notify me of new replies via email
| 12 Jul 2012, 07:00 AM Agree 0
It's that time of the year again...tax time. So tedious, yet absolutely necessary for staying on top of your portfolio and letting your investment properties work for you.

If you have issues that you need clearing up, questions you want answering, etc, please send them to me via this forum, or at my email tim.mcintyre@keymedia.com.au and I will organise one of our experts to provide a detailed response, which I will send back to you and publish in the magazine too.

Cheers, Tim
  • Katrina | 22 Aug 2014, 04:34 PM Agree 0
    Good Afternoon
    This is a two part question:
    I am looking at making a purchase of a two bedroom property with the idea to rent it out for the first year then move in and have a friend/tenant rent out the other room.
    1) How does this work in regards to CGT. Would I still have to pay CGT even though I am living the a PPOR.
    2) Would it be best to have work done (put in cabinet) on the property WHILST the other tenants are in (before I move in) so that it can be tax deductible or would it not be altogether as I am moving into it afterwards even though half the property will be rented.
    Many thanks for you time - I really appreciate it
Post a reply