Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia's auction capital revealed

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 21 Aug 2015, 05:28 PM Agree 0
Three capital cities sent more than a third of their residential listings to auction over a 12-month period
  • Agents need to be fined | 24 Aug 2015, 07:04 PM Agree 0
    Auctions are for the suckers! However, I do like the ability to be able to see who the 'Dummy Bidders' most likely are, although thats getting tough these days as with Belle Property having multiple auctions in one small room. They use dummy bidders alot, and in combo with the auctioneers rhetoric (aka - unconscionable conduct) then its all emotional baiting!

I prefer to offer a fair price before auction and tell the agent to get F*cked if they take offers only to go to auction anyways and use that offer(s) to set a reserve so they can then manipulate the auction price higher. Dont think it happens!? You would be surprised!!!

It would be quite simple to see agents that do it, as they most likely would be friends on Facebook and then its a matter to check the role against the agency's friends lists and whammo, you have suspects!!!!
  • Dawn | 24 Aug 2015, 07:55 PM Agree 0
    Oh yeah it happens mate! I have seen all sorts of B.S bidding at auctions, not to mention the idiots who turn up all emotionally charged and BID AGAINST THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad really. We are heading for a crash!
Post a reply