Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia's no.1 property investment destination

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 06 Sep 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
It’s finally here – Australia’s number one destination for property investment, as revealed in Your Investment Property’s Annual Suburbs Guide. Taking the four preceding spots, fifth to second, are a mix of Perth inner suburbs and Queensland areas affected by the resources boom
  • ben | 06 Sep 2012, 12:00 PM Agree 0
    How south Brisbane achieved Number 1 is beyond me, is it maybe because one of YIP biggest advertisers has property he is pushing there?
  • YIP Deputy Editor | 06 Sep 2012, 04:27 PM Agree 0
    Ben, interesting observation. Like all suburbs in the Top 100 list, South Brisbane was ranked by its capital growth potential and for its ability to deliver good rental returns. As part of our research we consulted research analysts at RP Data, Century 21, PRD Nationwide, and a host of other companies and experts in the know. The rankings are based on their observations of the property market, as well as our own reading of what property stats and fundamentals are showing at the moment. You're welcome to disagree with the rankings and we value your opinion, but in this instance, the facts we have come across stack so strongly in favour of South Brisbane as number 1, that it was impossible for us not to rank it such.
  • Andy | 26 Sep 2012, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    With rents like that prices have got to follow! Not often you can own a piece of real estate in a blue ribbon area and the cashflow be fairly neutral. Long term growth will be far more consistent than some of these speculative mining markets.
  • David | 09 Oct 2012, 12:21 AM Agree 0
    In twelve months we will see. I believe a WA suburb will hit top spot however I still would look at investing in South Brisbane. Residential rents at 7% yield for new apartments close to the city is awesome rental returns and puts many QLD and some WA mining towns to shame with similar returns with older properties. The best part is South Brisbane offers everything the baby boomer generation will want in 5 -10 years. Close to shops, restaurants and easy to get around via public transport.
  • Eos Property | 22 Nov 2012, 09:03 AM Agree 0
    Interesting article! We have been focusing our attention in the area between Perth and Morley and are managing to pick some good development sites on behalf of our investors. Independent valuers and local real estate agents are giving us good feedback on estimated valuations of the final product and rent returns. Looking promising. The recent (or not so recent now) announcement of a light rail project (MAX) running between Perth and Morley will add value to these areas.
Post a reply