Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Bad time to sell?

Notify me of new replies via email
| 03 Dec 2010, 12:07 AM Agree 0

I'm seeing a lot of For Sale sign these days. I was actually planning to sell my property but now I may hold off. Shall I wait or put my property in the market anyway?
Any advice would be great!
  • dingo32 | 03 Dec 2010, 01:45 AM Agree 0
    Don't do it! Well, not unless you have to anyway. From what I've been reading it's a buyers market out there, and that's not going to change til prices start picking up again next year sometime. Better to wait it out til there's more buyers out there and get a better price I reckon
  • nick1 | 05 Dec 2010, 11:01 PM Agree 0
    That was my initial thought too. But clearance rates still seem ok so I'm assuming that this buyers market hasn't hit full force yet. However when it does hit who knows how long it will last or how bad it will get?

I'm now thinking if I sell my property in the next few months I should be ok! And if that much debated bubble does exist then I'll be playing it safe by selling now as opposed to selling it six months from now.
  • Mortgageandlease | 06 Dec 2010, 12:31 AM Agree 0
    There is nothing wrong with testing the waters. Place it on the market on the quiet and see if the real estate agent can find you a buyer. That way your not forking out large amounts on advertising.

if you have a minimum price you want for the property, then wait out until someone offers that. You dont gain or lose until you sell.

there seems to be goods stocks in some suburbs at the moment and not so much in other areas, will be very much dependent on where you are.

or otherwise wait until mid next year and see how the economy goes.
  • PaulWilson | 07 Dec 2010, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    Hi Nick1,

How did you go, just wondering if you decided to list it or not?

A lot of people sell when there are other options to consider. Just curious about why you want to sell and what the details are on the property. Knowing this will better assist exploring if the sale strategy or a variation on that is best for you to consider.

I am happy to offer you a complimentary strategy session to assist you in making an informed decision with confidence before you get too far down the sales process.

Kind regards
    Paul
  • jalarcon | 23 Feb 2012, 02:54 AM Agree 0
    This is the time to buy. Selling now is not a very good idea. You won't get the best price for your property.
  • addicted | 23 Feb 2012, 05:07 AM Agree 0
    "This is the time to buy. Selling now is not a very good idea. You won't get the best price for your property."

????? How on Earth would you know that? The poster doesn't even say where in the world the house is.
  • Eos Property | 23 Feb 2012, 10:34 AM Agree 0
    Ni Nick,

Not sure if you have done anything about your property.

The key issue for me is why are you selling and what would you do with the profits.

For example we (wife and I) are selling one property at the moment with a view to moving the funds into something else a little more profitable.

There is a time and place for everything - the key is not to get hung up with what you would have got had you sold 6/12 months earlier. instead, think about how you would use the funds if you did sell.
  • william levi | 30 May 2012, 12:48 PM Agree 0
    If you contact to real estate agents, they will tell you it is right time or bad time to sell property.
  • Eos Property | 30 May 2012, 01:17 PM Agree 0
    Peter Spann says there are three times to sell a property.

1. You get an offer too good to refuse.
    2. To shoot the dogs (an under performing property) or
    3. You can put your money to better use.

Food for thought, maybe.
  • Brock Chewings | 25 Jul 2012, 04:46 AM Agree 0
    It is always better to take hold of the property especially if it is a land, stock or art because it increases its value through time. Although there also properties that decreases its value through time and worn out use, like cars and houses. If the maintenance give you burden you may consider selling but as long as you profit with it you can take hold. I think you should evaluate your property or specify it here for better turn outs on opinions.
Post a reply