Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Banks may not pass on rate cuts

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 27 Jan 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The RBA is being tipped to cut the official cash rate at its next meeting, but speculation is mounting that the major banks may not pass on any rate cut to borrowers in full.

• Mike | 31 Jan 2012, 03:51 PM Agree 0
    So the banks are pleading poverty now are they? It'll be interesting to see what kind of backlash there is if the RBA cuts the rate by 0.25% and the banks don't follow.
  • Yves | 31 Jan 2012, 03:54 PM Agree 0
    The banks are always shifty. People say they don't trust used car salesman, but I've been screwed over by banks way more!
  • Shane | 31 Jan 2012, 05:44 PM Agree 0
    There won't be any backlash....the banks can (and have previously) done what they want. We all just end up bending over and taking it. Next time there is a GFC the government should not offer "government backed gaurantees" for the banks benefit and if they do vote them out.
  • Bob the builder | 02 Feb 2012, 02:12 AM Agree 0
    Well put Shane. All of Australia would agree. Only problem is we need to have really strong banks. We are lucky to have survived the GFC as well as we have. For the sake of 0.25% I think they need to stay strong going forward. Cheap insurance really with the way things are in Europe.
Post a reply