Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Beginner seeking advice.

Notify me of new replies via email
MattG | 07 Jan 2016, 08:05 AM Agree 0
Hi, I want to move to Brisbane and rent for 6 months then buy a house. So my questions are-
A. Should I sell my owner occupied unit in Sydney to pay for my house in Brisbane? (Valued $815k. Owing $315k)
B. Rent my Sydney unit out and that will cover the mortgage owing on it? But then I could be paying rent long term.(What are the tax implications for a future sale? ie.CGT)
I also have an investment property in Brisbane (4 months) but have no idea what I'm doing and feel overwhelmed with the debt and bills.
To be honest I only bought it because friends and colleagues said I should have investment properties but it has been very stressful and I don't fully understand the benefits.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards
MattG

• Mike | 17 Jan 2016, 02:18 AM Agree 0
    Sydney is at the highest part of the property cycle, now is good to sell and buy in Brisbane. Regarding your investment property are you expecting it to grow in a few years or is the rent worth it?
  • nickg198 | 26 Jan 2016, 07:50 PM Agree 0
    TheOnsiteManager is an independently owned website committed to supporting Australia's Property Management Rights industry. The site’s multi-service approach and neutral alignment have established it as a central industry hub, catering to all forms of business operating within the MR industry.
Post a reply