Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Beginner’s guide to accessing equity from property

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 27 Feb 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The equity that you hold in your properties is likely to be your biggest source of wealth, so how can you access these hidden riches to expand your property portfolio? Robin Christie explains
  • Melissa | 12 Feb 2013, 10:19 PM Agree 0
    Very informative article, great stuff.
  • TONY | 12 Aug 2013, 02:23 AM Agree 0
    when I take out equity from 1st investment property, say I currently have mortgage of $340K and took out $30K for a deposit for 2nd investment property. The loan is now $370K, can I claim tax based on interest charged from $370K or only $340K.
  • webuyhousesfresno.net | 19 Dec 2013, 06:09 PM Agree 0
    Hi Admin, I buy houses, still is confused of the local government charges and mortgage liabilities charged on me. Do you have a mortgage calculator or anything that will help me monitor my expenses in line with the charges the local government passed onto me?
  • St. John's Property | 31 Jan 2014, 07:37 PM Agree 0
    Honestly, I think that this blog information is really good. I am very glad to read it.
  • Roger | 02 Feb 2014, 12:56 AM Agree 0
    This is complete and utter nonsense.
    Ironically under the "do your sums" section, the numbers dont add up. To add more comedic value, the property value is expected to "double" in 7 years. Best if luck with that.
  • clint | 30 Apr 2014, 03:57 PM Agree 0
    Is this correct, can you borrow 80% of your equity in your first inv prop for your 2nd investment prop.
    I thought it was 80% of the value of the first property
  • George Williams | 05 May 2014, 11:07 AM Agree 0
    Hi,

If I have $80k equity in an investment property worth 400k , and I use it as a deposit on a 2nd investment property, do my repayments on investment 1 go up or stay the same? (Will it remain o a loan of 320k or now be 400k because I took the equity?

Thanks
  • JonasSmith | 20 Jun 2014, 03:34 PM Agree 0
    Good news.This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage. I found many interesting things from this site.
  • Jonas Smith | 26 Jun 2014, 05:49 PM Agree 0
    I completely agree with the first sentence. I know a woman who used her equity to invest in good mutual funds.
Post a reply