Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Best bet for Queensland investment?

Notify me of new replies via email
Ally | 18 Nov 2013, 04:19 PM Agree 0
We are looking to invest in our first ever doing it with trepidation & reading up on best suburbs etc. This will purely be an investment - not our home. We live in Sydney.
We are interested in Queensland. Brisbane CBD apartments but also perhaps Brisbane family home in the suburbs is the way to go.
I have also seen that Townsville is doing well.

Any thoughts on these?
  • Ben | 19 Nov 2013, 05:58 PM Agree 0
    The best way to get ahead is buy where others aren't buying, in areas with good fundamentals ie jobs, infrastructure investment, population growth and higher than average incomes. If you are waiting to read about it in the magazines then sadly you have already missed the boat in that area as all of the good growth has already happened to alert people to the area.
  • Phil D | 19 Nov 2013, 07:50 PM Agree 0
    So Ben,

How does one go about the exercise then?
  • Pradeep | 07 Dec 2013, 09:18 PM Agree 0
    This is the same question(s) I am searching on the internet. any tips/advise highly appreciated
  • Chris | 13 Dec 2013, 09:18 PM Agree 0
    Highfields, 10k north of Toowoomba. Much better prospect than Westbrook (10k south of Toowoomba) which was listed in the top 100 Suburbs. Highfields has 2 new High Schools being built in the next couple of years. Has all amenities. Will benefit from the Surat Basin Projects and the new Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport, which coincidently has a flight path over Westbrook.
  • Lachlan from Toowoomba | 15 Dec 2013, 06:52 PM Agree 0
    Do not buy in Highfields Toowoomba as it boomed only 3yrs ago. Newtown is booming at the moment and I believe Rockville and Toowoomba City Houses will follow in the next year or two. In the way of Brisbane its probably too late to get in on the inner city apartment boom but Redcliff is looking good for growth in the next year.
  • Terry from Cairns | 17 Dec 2013, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    Townsville is at the bottom of the property clock according to valuers HTW. Townsville has one of the most diverse economies in Australia. Further North, Cairns has moved off the bottom after a stagnant period of 6 yrs.

If you want information on the top 10 hotspots in Queensland to invest for growth in 2014 contact me and I will send you some detailed information.
    • Colin | 29 Aug 2016, 02:51 PM Agree 0
      Hi Terry, kind of you to make such an offer, Iam interested in your views. Much appreciated.
  • Ben | 18 Dec 2013, 12:18 PM Agree 0
    Hi Phil

The answer is is constant research
    Always look for Jobs, multiple employers (not just one mine), would you live there?
    Disposable income, infrastructure spending, lack of housing.
    These are the main points you need to cover
  • Wayne Slager, Bris | 19 Dec 2013, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    Hi Ally, Phil and others
    Congrats on embarking on your property journey. Too many people sit on the sidelines so I commend you on your decision and first steps. Your question primarily revolved around where to invest. Location and market drivers should certainly be part of your due diligence but I trust first you've clearly addressed the critical strategic questions of "Why invest in property?", "What financial outcomes do I need?", "What's my risk profile?", What's my gearing capacity?", "What's my time frame?", "What kind of properties do I need?", How many properties do I need?", "What name/ entity should I use?", "What are my tax, asset protection, risk management and estate planning strategies?"

All these and more should be addressed before you even start looking for properties. I don't want to make things sound more complicated or scary than they need to be but if you're serious about investing in property and it's more than just a hobby then I can only encourage you to first seek coordinated professional advice in these critical areas.

Picking properties without a well considered plan is akin to dart throwing. It's as silly and risky as asking a financial planner or stockbroker to recommend a 'good' share or financial product without fully understanding your needs or circumstances. They couldn't do it, so neither should you. Writing down your answers will give you the extra knowledge and confidence to make wise decisions. Best wishes on your property journey. Done with sufficient forethought and support it should be a very rewarding one.
  • Travis | 08 Jan 2014, 07:37 PM Agree 0
    Hi guys, I'm a first time investor and would appreciate some advice on what suburb to buy in around Ipswich? Been looking around Redbank Plains and it all seems to stack up quite well "(being yield and vacancy %) however with all the new housing being built around this area I am just not sure if this is best option or should I be looking closer to Ipswich itself? I appreciate any feedback and advice you may have.
  • Pat from Brisbane | 09 Jan 2014, 03:05 AM Agree 0
    Hi guys,

Any inputs on Oxley? Especially on the new Parkvue estate currently being developed. Looking to buy and reside on the property myself with an intention to get some capital growth in the next 5-8 years. Feedbacks appreciated!
  • Graeme | 09 Jan 2014, 07:49 PM Agree 0
    Whilst on the subject of Qld investing. What are readers thoughts on Moranbah? Especially anyone who has or had property in Moranbah.
    From what I have found, planned infrastructure projects are in the $15 billion mark and population growth is set for 40% more by 2018. This sounds very promising and the rental gains are impressive.
    Any input appreciated.

• Freida Bielik | 17 Sep 2014, 09:28 AM Agree 0
      Hi I am interested in hearing about your 10 hot spots in Queensland
  • Robyn | 11 Jan 2014, 04:30 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry from Cairns

I can take you up on your offer for the 10 hotspots in Qld.

Thank you Robyn
  • Kathryn | 16 Jan 2014, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    Yes I'd like to know the 10 hotspots in QLD too Terry. Please send me a copy as well. thanks.
  • Pradeep | 20 Jan 2014, 09:06 PM Agree 0
    Anyone looked into investing Ararat(VIC) I have seen properties 7% gross rental yield. but when I checked the history of population its declining.anyone invested in Ararat?or looking into purchasing a cash flow property?
  • Shane | 25 Jan 2014, 02:49 AM Agree 0
    Hi Terry,
    I would be interested in the information you offer.
    Many thanks
  • Sarah | 26 Jan 2014, 04:28 PM Agree 0
    Hi terry,

If you could please email the qld suburb information through to me also it would be greatly appreciated.

• Vicki | 26 Jan 2014, 06:39 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry from Cairns. I would be interested in reading the information you have on the top 10 hotspots in QLD. Thank you for sharing.
  • Sam | 27 Jan 2014, 07:05 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry from Cairns I would be interested in reading about th 10 hotspots in QLD. Thanks.
  • Tony | 29 Jan 2014, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    Hi, I am currently selling my inner city Brisbane house to move into a large Queenslander house as my wife and I just had our first baby.
    It is an ideal investor stock as i am about to put a tenant in for $950 per week, giving a gross rental yield of 5.5%. There is no body corporate and freehold land of 508sqm.
    If anyone is interested, the property ID on is 158377031
    Good luck on the property search.
  • Rob | 30 Jan 2014, 11:45 PM Agree 0
    Ally - Hi , i believe Collinsville in the Bowen Basin is a about to go nuts. With reopening mines and all Clive Palmers / Gallilee's Rail coming through that area - it looks like it will get swept up in the wave. plus the indian MEGA company ADANI bulding their ports.. workers returning to town now and rentals are being chewed up.. "" has big article ... i might get in on the action - but what do you think Ally -regards
  • Jody | 01 Feb 2014, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry,
    I would love to read what you think are Qld's hotspots please. Thanks
  • CKR | 02 Feb 2014, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    Hi All,
    I live in Sydney. I am the first time investor and picked Toowoomba region to invest for its diversity. Now what is driving me nuts is which Suburb I need to pick. I have read many blogs to gain the insights on surrounding suburbs, compared every suburb with key indicators like DSR ratio, avg CG, Rental yields, suburb discount, day on market, etc., and finally confused in picking the best one.

I have below two choices to pick. I would like to pick your brain and advise as well as I my brain stopped working as I might be thinking too much on this.

One: Off the plan Two Bed Room Town house in Kearney Springs (Cnr of Nelson St and West St) very close by Uni. 10mts drive to Towoomba CBD.
    Purchase prices 313K. Stamp Duty: 10K. My research shows weekly rent $320 PW ?. Body Corp fee is $1450 per anum. Research shows this suburb is steady winner....

Second one (Very attractive but is it worth investing based on Suburb nature):-

House + Land package - Single Level - Duplex pair - 3 Bed 2 Bath 1 Car each side, total 6b 4b 2C) in Harlaxton (9 Castello St, just above Kelly St (Next to Harlaxton Blocks Park, left).
    Total Purchase price:- $571K (inclusive of land price $179K). Stamp duty $5K only on land value. Once build is done, I will have house registered in two separate titles. Gives immediate $80K equity on property. Sounds great. but what is driving me nuts here is Suburb is not in desirable locations due to low socioeconomic factors and housing commission houses. I called up at the least local 5 real estate agents, 4 of them told not to invest, one of them told, it is just perception, you may do it.... Estimated weekly rental here is $320-340 PW each side, total $650 around. Is easy rent in this suburb? Research shows this suburb picked up very well in last 12 months.

Trust me if this option could have been in Kearneys Springs or any other locations, I would have grabbed it next second..... Sorry to write big one... I really appreciate your thoughts ......
    Thank you in advance.
  • Chris | 05 Feb 2014, 04:31 PM Agree 0
    Hi, I live in Toowoomba. Go Kearney Springs!!
  • Alistair | 06 Feb 2014, 11:34 PM Agree 0
    Hi All,
    Any comment on Eagleby,its not far from Brisbane.
  • Gerad Presely | 07 Feb 2014, 04:59 PM Agree 0
    If you go by current trend then buy a property in popular areas. A practical approach to home buying says, select a property location with respect to your budget and requirement. Now its up to you in which city you want to buy a property.
  • Amy | 11 Feb 2014, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    Eagleby is a no-go suburb! Stay away! Low socio-economic community makes the majority of the population.
  • Terry Loftus | 13 Feb 2014, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    Hi Robyn

Sorry for the delay, I have only just come back to this post and I did not realise you made this request. Feel free to send your email to me at and I will send the reports details to you.
  • Rodney | 22 Feb 2014, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    For detailed information on real estate drivers and where to invest look at Terry Ryder's site. Well worth it!
  • Jacob Field | 26 Feb 2014, 03:59 PM Agree 0
    Hi Amy/Alistair,

Whilst Eagleby has high public housing - Suburb / LGA / State = 8.99% / 4.5% / 3.5%,
    it is only really concentrated around a couple of clusters - one has up to 40% public housing the other (east) has up to 31%.

Anywhere in the northern area (north of Rivers Hill Road) of Eagleby has well below average levels of public housing.

Areas in this Northern area also have an average rent per week of over 20% higher than average, matched by much higher incomes.

I can also provide a full report on Eagleby for anyone that would like to PM me.
  • vikki.reade | 27 Feb 2014, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    Does anyone have any advice or opinion on the suburb of Brassall QLD. ? We are looking to invest in a new 4 bedroom house and land package there. Due for completion in October this year. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated
  • Sagar Rajpura | 04 Mar 2014, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone has good knowledge of Waterford suburb? Its in the south-east growth corridor. Particularly, the Woodlands Estate properties, developed by Lend Lease. Is it a worth investing there? The location of the Woodlands Estate is really good considering its opposite to sort after school Canterbury College, near to Teys Brother's Arbitary (meat factory) and close Logal Hospital which has gone through $50M upgrade.

Please advise.
  • Neil Arran | 05 Mar 2014, 12:02 AM Agree 0
    Hi Property guru's

I am looking to invest in Frankston, Victoria. Can someone please advise if it's good spot to invest?
  • Cathy | 10 Mar 2014, 06:38 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry, We are looking at NRAS in Townsville and would be very interested to see your10 hot spots.
  • Anita | 11 Mar 2014, 03:28 PM Agree 0
    Hi Vikki,

Brassall in QLD is a great area to invest. The Ipswich region has huge growth forecasted over the next few years due to the high level of infrastructure, investment (private and government) and strong population growth forecasted at 5% p.a My only concern is that your investment property will probably cost you $ on a week to week basis as you are looking at a 4 bedroom house which will only probably return you rent in the $380's per week. I would be looking at a Dual Living Home where you can achieve a higher rental return/yield around 6.7% - this style of investment will allow you to build strong equity/capital growth, whilst having the potential of strata titling in the future (this is what the council has mentioned during discussions we have had) whilst also not draining your pocket week to week. If you'd like more information just let know.
  • San | 12 Mar 2014, 12:18 AM Agree 0
    Hi Anita, even i am looking for a dual occ in Brassall/Deebing Heights/Leichardt but then i looked at DSR (hotspot central) Demand Supply ratio and it shows poor for Brassall. Can you give a bit more detail on the dual occ.
  • San | 12 Mar 2014, 12:29 AM Agree 0
    Hi Anita, my email is thanks.
  • Kylie | 13 Mar 2014, 08:57 PM Agree 0
    Hi all, It's my first time on this site. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on Bundaberg?

• Steve | 16 Mar 2014, 11:51 PM Agree 0
    Hi All, what a great post!
    Buying in to property as a first timer can be a daunting task - whether your buying your first home or first investment property. I personally bought my first 3 investments in Eagleby. As posted earlier, Eagleby does not enjoy the best reputation, however I did end up making substantial returns. I believe the lower socio-economic suburbs do provide good capital growth and rental returns in the long term.

So long as the properties location and key metrics are correct, and you understand how to best manage your side of the property ownership system correctly you shouldn't have a problem. If you have the capital and salary/wage security and are confident with your research don't get paralysis through analysis.

Also how you fund your purchase can greatly effect your long term returns. SMSF seem to be gaining popularity in the market and appear to offer some great benefits. Simple google search brings up quite a bit of info.

• Leon Kyle | 18 Mar 2014, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    Hello All,
    Looking at building in the new Park View Estate in Glenvale, Toowoomba. Numbers add up well and will be slightly positive off the bat. I would love to hear any comments about this area or even Toowoomba as a place to invest into.
  • norman | 18 Mar 2014, 11:52 AM Agree 0
    looking at the same
  • Annie | 18 Mar 2014, 02:15 PM Agree 0
    How about Dakabin? Is this a good area to invest in? I understand there are some good infrastructure plans moving forward.
  • Goodwill Coordinators | 24 Mar 2014, 06:11 PM Agree 0
    Well that is your thought and infact a good one. But i suggest to take help from any real estate agents for making it more simpler and quick.
  • Michelle | 25 Mar 2014, 07:56 PM Agree 0
    Hi I've signed up for one of these dual occupancy aces in brassall
    Pls tell me this will b a good investment???
  • Sambhabana Roy | 28 Mar 2014, 09:53 PM Agree 0
    It has been always the same. Turn the pages of History and you will know the worth of property. Buy property wherever you get the chance because today or tomorrow the price is going to rise and will benefit you.
  • LadyJane | 30 Mar 2014, 09:56 PM Agree 0
    [comment removed. Re: Advertisement]
  • Sonia | 05 Apr 2014, 09:36 PM Agree 0
    [comment removed by request]
  • Dan | 08 Apr 2014, 09:23 PM Agree 0
    Hi. Any thoughts on Airlie Beach. Would it be a good area to buy an investment property?
  • Little_Stone | 09 Apr 2014, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    Hi there, some interesting replies. You're best seeking out a buyers agent or property investing agent who is familiar with those areas in question. These guys research it day in day out to ensure their clients have the information needed to proceed for an IP.

Brisbane CBD and surrounds have a few good ones as well as Mango Hill for houses.
  • Mark from Sydney | 09 Apr 2014, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    I too would like to to know the 10 hotspots in QLD. Please send me a copy Terry, thanks for that.

• gil | 10 Apr 2014, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    Hi Terry, I m researching on Brisbane property too. Could you pl send me a copy of the 10 hot spots too?? Many thanks
  • DM Homes | 10 Apr 2014, 04:24 PM Agree 0
    Hi..I am also searching for the same. Can anyone help me with the same??
  • Marianne | 12 Apr 2014, 07:38 AM Agree 0
    Keen to learn more about your property you are selling. pls write back.
  • Yogan | 20 Apr 2014, 01:42 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry

We may have chatted before. Sounds like you have done your research.
    Will appreciate any reports or info that you can share.

• Yogan | 20 Apr 2014, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    The 10 hotspots for QLD pls.thank you.
  • Col | 22 Apr 2014, 11:21 PM Agree 0
    Hi All, wondering if anyone had any insights into Lawnton as a suburb for a potential investment? would love to hear what other thought.
  • Kuey | 23 Apr 2014, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    Hi All,
    Am thinking Springfield Brisbane as potential investment. As I live in Sydney, I have no idea what the area is like. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi Terry, would ove a copy of your Top Ten report as well. Thanks.
  • Lee | 23 Apr 2014, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    Hi Kuey,

I have property in Springfield Lakes & have been in the area for 10 years. For your investments you would want t be in the Springfield Lakes or Augustine Heights area. You can pick-up good investments in Springfield Lakes around $420k earning rents of $420 - $450 per week. Be careful in the area though as there are a lot of properties that are actually sinking. So ensure you get engineering plans for any investment in the area to ensure the house has structural piers in the foundations. Let me know if you want some recommended properties to look at in the area. The area has a huge Defence for Rental Market which is quite attractive. The other major advantage is that it is growing and the facilities are attracting a lot of people. Rentals aren't vacant long in the area. Cheers Lee
  • Lee | 23 Apr 2014, 05:23 PM Agree 0
    By the way, I'm not an agent or anything like that. Just know the area well.
  • Kuey | 23 Apr 2014, 08:54 PM Agree 0
    Hi Lee,
    Thank you so much for your info and your generous offer of property recommendations. At the moment, I don't exactly know where about in Springfield. I'm been told Springfield that's all. I will definitely find out more and let you know. I'm also told it could possibly be a off the plan type of property.
  • Lee | 24 Apr 2014, 07:47 AM Agree 0
    Hi Kuey,
    The "off the plan" properties are generally located in the cluster areas of Springfield & Springfield Lakes. I would be careful buying off the plan in this area as a lot of off the plan offers are next to Villa's & Units which aren't attractive to some renters & therefore they aren't getting as higher rental dollar. They also seem to be a little harder to re-sell. If you look on the map I would suggest areas ranging from Centenary Highway back to the military range & as far as Springfield Greenbank Arterial Rd. This is the area around 'the lakes' & proves quite attractive. This area also has easy access to the new Train Stations. Cheers Lee
  • Kuey | 24 Apr 2014, 11:32 AM Agree 0
    Hi Lee,
    Thanks again. Looking at the map you suggested and the map I was given. I realised the area I was told about is not exactly in Springfield. It's more likely the surrounding areas like Brookwater or Augustine Heights. It's still very vague at this stage. I will get more info as I get them. Can you tell me about these suburbs if you can? Also, if you don't mind, can you give me some info about the infrastructure, community, socioeconomic of these areas? Your advice is much appreciated. Cheers K
  • Lee | 24 Apr 2014, 10:49 PM Agree 0
    Hi, Brookwater is a great suburb. Each property owner pays a body corp so that the suburb is maintained to a high standard. Very pricey though for an investment, not sure on returns. Brookwater also has very strict covernents which also include if your property is an investment. Augustine heights originally started directly opposite Brookwater & has now grown to be right up near Redbank Plains. The closer you head to Redbank Plains the least desireable the property. There is also a pocket of Augustine Heights developed by Australand. The properties are very small land sizes do capital gains are going to be less. These are the estates in AH by my ranking 1. Stocklands 2. Brentwood Rise by Invests 3. Australand (small lots). *** note Brentwood Rise has a lot of DHA properties in it *** Infrastructure is covered in all of these suburbs with new roads, trains, schools, shoping centre etc. It may help to look at Hope this helps you. Cheers Lee
  • James | 25 Apr 2014, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    Hi Leon,
    Be careful if you go on Parkview Glenvale. Prices are too high and the developer is a cunning person.

• Ali | 26 Apr 2014, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    I read your reply with interest as I'm looking south of Brisbane (Sydney's too hot) and was wondering about Eagleby but concerned about the crime/drugs etc or is that a thing of the past (or passing!!) What about Beenleigh? I live on the Central Coast NSW and am looking to buy my first investment. Appreciate your comments.
  • glenn | 27 Apr 2014, 10:14 AM Agree 0
    Hi I would also like a copy of the 10 hot spots please, am looking to buy.
  • Paul | 27 Apr 2014, 11:29 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry

Can you please also send me that report

cheers Mate, appreciate it
  • Jess | 28 Apr 2014, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    Does anyone know anything about Warwick? We are looking at buying an investment property off the plan in this town. We were advised it is a future growth are, with proposed new mines opening in the area and relatively close to Toowoomba.
  • Kuey | 29 Apr 2014, 11:40 AM Agree 0
    Hi Lee,
    Really appreciate your information. Very enlightening. Will definitely keep these in mind when I find out more about the investment. If you don't mind, I would love to ask for your opinions when I know more. Many thanks.

• Grant | 03 May 2014, 03:24 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry I am interested in QLD investment, including Cairns where we currently have one property. I would be interested in your thoughts and Data.
    Many thanks,
  • Ali | 05 May 2014, 09:00 PM Agree 0
    I'd really appreciate your report on Eagleby - I live on NSW's Central Coast and I'm looking for an investment in the Beenleigh area. One property I've been looking at is in Holmview - do you have any views on that suburb?

• Investor | 06 May 2014, 01:18 AM Agree 0
    hi terry, I would like to have the top 10 Hotspots55
  • Ronnie | 06 May 2014, 11:34 PM Agree 0
    Hi, does anyone have feedback or advice on investing in Zillmere?
  • Eve | 07 May 2014, 09:10 AM Agree 0
    First Home buyer looking to buy in Qld, prefer quarter acre or more but still commute to Bris every second week. Advice? Terry, can I please have those 10 Hotspots. Ta
  • Scott Hochgesang | 07 May 2014, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    Hi All,
    I have collected a set of research across various Queensland growth markets. Ranging from the Sunshine Coast to Townsville to certain suburbs around Brisbane to mining areas like Moranbah and Emerald. If you are considering any investments in Queensland this year, please drop me a note and I'll share what I have with you. / (m) 0406070005
    I live in Sydney but make monthly trips up to Queensland to look at various investment properties.
  • Chris | 07 May 2014, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    Hi Scott
    I'm looking at buy a investment property in Logan reserve Brisbane ...your thoughts
  • Terry Loftus | 08 May 2014, 04:36 PM Agree 0
    Hi Eve

If you email me your email address and I will gladly send you the report.

• Terry Loftus | 08 May 2014, 04:50 PM Agree 0
    RE: Top 10 hotspots in Queensland......

A number of people have requested the report and I cannot send it out unless I have your email address.

Please contact me with your email address if you would like a copy.

• Fay | 08 May 2014, 06:35 PM Agree 0
    Be sure to do your research and check out median prices, days on the market, demographics etc so that you have all the information you need before making your decisions.
  • Kate | 11 May 2014, 07:34 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry

Thanks - would love a copy of that report :)

Cheers, Kate

• Andre | 12 May 2014, 10:41 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry,

I'd like to get your Hotspot report as well, email: . Thanks so much.
  • amanda | 12 May 2014, 10:42 PM Agree 0
    Hey Terry, I sent you a email. Your hot spots would be greatly appreciated
  • Kath | 13 May 2014, 11:26 AM Agree 0
    Investing the SE corner of Qld, there are several properties coming up with "Auxiliary (Duel) Living" In a nut shell there are two homes under the one title, no body corp as you are the owner of both properties. Only certain councils allow this. Has anyone had any experience with this new concept?? Rent return goes from $400pw to $620pw for a mid $400K purchase..
  • James | 17 May 2014, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    Anyone know much about investing house properties in seventeen mile rocks QLD and Tingalpa QLD? is it too late now to invest in these areas since the price has gone up to the roof? will there still be improvement for capital gains in the coming years?
  • jules | 18 May 2014, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    I reckon you should have a look at the Bundaberg region, there is heaps of good investment opportunities over there
  • Dave | 18 May 2014, 08:12 PM Agree 0
    Hi all

Does anyone have any comments on Mango Hill, Brisbane?
    Looking to buy an investment 4x2 house and land package.
    Im not from Brisbane so a bit unsure and as its my first investment property a bit daunting

Thanks in advance
  • Tristan | 19 May 2014, 05:20 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry,

I'd love a copy of the report as well.

• Sam | 20 May 2014, 04:03 PM Agree 0
    Hi guys,

I bought in Upper Coomera a few years ago but I am concerned that it was a bad move!

What do you think about the growth in the northern corridor ( Pimpama- Gold coast, and subsequently, Upper Coomera?

We are looking at purchasing again in the Ipswich region, but not sure the house and land packages in the newer areas such as Ripley are overpriced- and maybe the back of Redbank Plains is set to explode by virtue of being located in between all the new growth. Thoughts?
  • Ruth | 20 May 2014, 08:37 PM Agree 0
    Hi terry could I please have a copy of the ten hotspots in quod report please. Thanx my email is
  • Stephanie | 20 May 2014, 10:16 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry,
    going a bit crazy trying to come to grips with all the investment opportunities, have cash ready to go but very confused. Currently thinking about Queensland and would appreciated your hot spot list. Currently thinking North Lakes or Waterford.

But then maybe should consider house and land package or Brisbane CBD apartments?

• Anthony | 21 May 2014, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry

I would greatly appreciate a copy of the report as well :)
  • Aly | 21 May 2014, 08:05 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry

I'm also from Sydney and would greatly appreciate a copy of QLD hotspots. I recently bought a property in Bracken Ridge & looking to buy another.

• Aly | 21 May 2014, 08:09 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry

I would love a copy of your QLD hotspots.. Love reading your blogs.

Aly Sydney
  • Stephanie | 21 May 2014, 10:16 PM Agree 0
    Hi Lee

I'm interested in Springfield Lakes do you think the abundance of proposed developments will mean an over supply of rental properties?

I would be happy to receive some recommended properties from you
  • Janine | 22 May 2014, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    Hi Potential Investors,

This is a fantastic post to come across and great to see a lot of people looking into investing. I am a Senior Property Manager in Brisbane and an investors myself. A few great tips for everyone.

1. Keep close to the city centre [edited]

2. Keep away from lower social economic areas

3. GET a depreciation schedule done

4. Decide if you are after capital growth or long term return

5. Be careful of market saturation in your potential product ie New unit. Make sure you do research on how many new complexes are being built and potentially released to the market at the same time as yours. Oversupply will reduce optimum weekly rent and significantly increase vacancy

6. Write a clause into your contract for the Seller to permit you to use theirs/take marketing photos and permit your property manager to commence marketing the property and conducting open for inspections as soon as your contract goes unconditional. This will allow you at least two weeks of market feedback before you own the property. With an aggressive marketing strategy and a good agent you should be able to have a tenant moving in within 3 days of settlement. ALWAYS leave a few days window in case the property doesn’t settle. You will have tenants with no where to live if you don’t.

7. Use a local agent, people used to use local agent because they thought their chances of a local potential tenant walking into their office would increase their chances of leasing. Then we moved to the internet era where everyone (and me at the time) fought the argument, it doesn't matter where you are, everyone has access to the internet. Now that I have been doing this for as long as I have (13yrs) I consistently bang my head against a wall when I see non local agents lists properties that are just miles under value. Not only does that affect that client’s rental but it affects all other properties on the market because prospective tenants end up asking why should I pay more for the same.

8. Do not self manage

9. Pick a good property manager - many first time investors look for the cheapest management fee and take that option. Do you realise that not only are your management fee's tax deductible but the difference between 8% at $450 and 7% is $4.95 a week. If you select a bigger agency who is too busy to offer your property a more personal service and has your property vacant for just 1 week a year it will take you almost 91 weeks to make that $5 back.

I note someone else mentioned Self Managed Super Funds, I highly suggest you talk to your accountant and see if this is an option.

Finally, my suburb for Brisbane would be Salisbury. We are achieving great rental rates in the area and property prices are very competitive. Land sizes are bigger and it more affordable living for tenants that still want to be close to the city and want to live in the suburbs.

For anyone that would like a bit more advice or if I can answer any questions please feel free to contact me on [edited] m:0406 789 647.

Cheers Janine
  • James | 22 May 2014, 07:37 PM Agree 0
    hi Janine

i have two investment property in QLD using two strategy.
    one in Ipswich CBD suburb 1.6km to CBD .8km to uni less than 1km to primary and secondary school great rental returns
    one in Jindalee being 13km to BNE CBD neutral rental return but potential quicker capital gain.
    I'm thinking of selling out ipswich in exchange to invest in seventeen mile rocks(14km to CBD) using the same strategy as Jindalee, to maybe have better performance in capital gain in the coming years?

anyone has any suggestions?
  • Howard Smith | 27 May 2014, 11:38 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry, I am looking for an investment property in Cairns. I see Bungalow is depressed, which is surprising because it's so close to town. It's a bit messy in places, but if I was retired I'd want to live right next to a shopping area and/or close to town. A quiet street in Bungalow would suit me fine. What do you think of it for investment and what criteria would you follow? Any other suggestions in Cairns and Townsville.
  • Ange Gough | 29 May 2014, 09:55 PM Agree 0
    Hello Terry,
    Are you Terry from Hotspotting.
    I would like some info on your best buys for Qld.
    Thanks Ange
  • Maurice | 03 Jun 2014, 02:52 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry from Cairns

Can I also take you up on your offer for the 10 hotspot's in Qld report.

• Regina | 03 Jun 2014, 09:05 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry from Cairns
    Just reading through the blog and saw your offer of providing the 10 hotspots for Queensland. I have an investment property in Riverview (Ipswich) which is going nowhere. Would love to know where in Qld would be better to invest in for growth. If possible, would love to also receive your info. Thanks Regina
  • Terry Loftus | 03 Jun 2014, 10:23 PM Agree 0
    Hello Stephanie

I cannot contact you directly however if anyone wishes to view the report I can be contacted at
  • Terry Loftus | 03 Jun 2014, 10:42 PM Agree 0
    Hello Howard

Cairns is slowly moving off the bottom of the market according to Herron Todd White. (I can send you their report if you wish) Also a lot of people have a lot of faith in the 8.5 Billion dollar Aquis Mega Resort and Casino going ahead. If this (most in the know say when) goes ahead you will see real confidence returning to the property market in Cairns after a few years in the doldrums.

As you mentioned Bungalow is pretty well located and close to the shopping centre as is Earlville. If you were considering purchasing in the area now would be the time to buy.

Regarding Townsville, although only 4 hours drive from Cairns but a totally different proposition for investors as the City offers lots of diversification, probably one of the most diverseified Cities in Australia.

Lots on the drawing board planned for the area. Again I have a report on this area showing the billions being spent in Townsville today and what is planned for the future.

I dont like to keep putting my email in the posts as it may be against YIP rules, thereofore if anyone wishes to view any of the reports just put Terry Loftus Real Estate into Google and contact me to receive the reports.

Alternatively pop your email in your post and I will check back on a weekly basis.(at least)

• Lionel | 04 Jun 2014, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    Hi Terry from Cairns
    I am a first time investor. Any ideas if Highfields in Toowoomba is a good and safe investment.

Can I also take you up on your offer for the 10 hotspot's in Qld report.

Thanks Lionel
  • Sharlin | 05 Jun 2014, 05:00 AM Agree 0
    Hi terry,

Also keen on this report. My email is

• Ryan from Melb | 07 Jun 2014, 01:16 PM Agree 0
    Terry I would very much appreciate your report, as I'm currently investigating QLD options.
    Many thanks
  • Tom | 16 Jun 2014, 06:12 PM Agree 0
    Hi Ally,

If you are looking at investing interstate I would encourage you to use a professional such as a buyers advocate to find the right property. Their day time job is to find investment grade properties for investors.

I've used Phillip Almeida (0438230783) from Performance Property several times to purchase IP's in Brisbane and have always been satisfied.

Good luck,
  • Nigel | 17 Jun 2014, 02:44 PM Agree 0
    yes a next hotspot and we have a number of clients are buiding an investment property in the Whitsundays due to amount of spending in infrastructure. Property prices have been depressed for 6 years and about to move upwards.
    Clients are awarded a Fully backed 10 Year Rental Guarantee at market rent.
    See Page 35 of July issue YIP
  • tam | 17 Jun 2014, 05:29 PM Agree 0
    Id like to see investment in whitsundays picking up. I have a property for sale near there, in Bowen. Cheap but just not moving at all
  • Nige | 18 Jun 2014, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    Hi Tam

Yes alot of investors dropped onto Bowen a few years ago on the hope that Gina/ Hancock Holdings would get approvals. This has happenned now at Alpha in the Galilee Basin, The raillink to Abbotts Point and the go head with the new Terminal after the dredging issues were ratified earlier this year. It might be worth hanging on to it now...
  • Tina | 18 Jun 2014, 10:28 PM Agree 0
    I want to buy a unit in Palm Beach QLD for investment. I need some advice pls.
  • Nige | 19 Jun 2014, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    Hi Tina you need to start by asking why you want to be at Palm Beach, Noth of Currumbin in Queensland for Investment? Is this an emotional reason, like retiring there eventually? as it should be based on the numbers, Price, Rent return full time occupancy, infrastructure, etc and the gearing benefits...
  • Barb | 19 Jun 2014, 03:03 PM Agree 0
    HI guys,

Looking at buying an investment unit on Brisbane. We are wondering about Nundah or Lutwyche. Any thoughts?
  • Amit Mehra | 19 Jun 2014, 06:31 PM Agree 0
    Hi There
    I am also looking to invest in Brisbane and currently in sydney.
    Can we share notes? My email is
  • Cherie | 22 Jun 2014, 04:19 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry
    I would like a list of the top 10 also thinking of Cairns
    Thanking you
  • Dave | 22 Jun 2014, 07:36 PM Agree 0
    I would be very interested in Mango Hill analysis as well. Anyone know anything?
  • Peter | 22 Jun 2014, 07:55 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry,

I would be very interested in getting your 10 hot spots.

Thanks in advance

Peter (
  • Terry Loftus | 23 Jun 2014, 12:46 PM Agree 0

Can you please provide your email address and I will send the report or just Goole Terry Loftus Real Estate and contact me that way.
  • George | 24 Jun 2014, 11:00 AM Agree 0

Can I also have the investment (houses) report for Brisbane, also interested in Sydney and Cairns.
    My email is

• George | 24 Jun 2014, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    Hi Terry, can you please send me that info too. Thanks
  • Travis | 25 Jun 2014, 08:57 PM Agree 0
    Hi guys, I am really struggling to decide on what area is best to buy in. Mainly been looking at townhouses around Petrie, Mango Hill or Redcliffe. Looking to buy a new place for depreciation factors. What are your thoughts? I appreciate your feedback and opinions.
  • Nigel | 30 Jun 2014, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    Hi guys
    What about Land and House packages $350,000 full turnkey, high inclusions on registered flat Lots 600 to 700m2 with Lot prices only $50,000. 800m to 14km of beaches. Rent 350 to 400 pw. Send me your email address for more info
    • Demarvellous | 16 Nov 2014, 02:25 PM Agree 0
      Hi Nigel, could you please send more onfo on house & land packages as per your post to
  • Rose from Sydney | 02 Jul 2014, 01:00 AM Agree 0
    Hi, can I please have your thoughts on Carseldine in Brisbane?
  • rebecca | 03 Jul 2014, 12:21 PM Agree 0
    Hi we are looking to relocate down to south queensland between Brisbane and Gold Coast. We are looking for upcoming areas we can buy an old queenslander to renovate and live in. We don't want to live in the CBD as we like space and leafy streets. Any ideas. Thanks
  • matt | 03 Jul 2014, 06:12 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry, I have a property about 40km north of Townsville in Bluewater just back from Toolakea Beach. Im just wondering if it will be worth holding onto for the next 10 years or so ?
  • Roy Halim | 04 Jul 2014, 04:39 PM Agree 0
    Hi Everyone,

I could see that you have so many questions in regard to Property Hotspots in Brisbane.

At Ironfish we educate, empower and assist our clients, provide sound investment strategies, quality products and professional, ongoing support.

I have a free information evening on Wed, 6 July 2014 at 7pm. This event will purely share about the current market in Brisbane and its potential. It will also uncover best location to invest, based on our research.

This event would really be beneficial for you as an investor.

Please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Roy Halim
    Property Strategist

A: Level 1, 56 Boundary Street
    M: 0430 460 385
    T: 07 3166 0888
    F: 07 3166 0800
  • Lisa | 06 Jul 2014, 10:06 AM Agree 0
    Hi, we are looking at a land and house package in Bargara, QLD. Apparently a new port development is going ahead in Bundaberg and growth is looking good. Any thoughts?
  • Nigel | 07 Jul 2014, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    Hi Lisa
    Is this Port development the rejuvenation of the old Coal Loading port? if so it has been talked about for 10 years...
    If you are wanting a coastal property Investment property, as you said Bagara, i have full turnkey 4 bed Land and House packages 800m to the beaches. The Land is only $60,000 on a great dvelopment site packaging up around $360,000. send me your email address for the info
  • Larn | 09 Jul 2014, 10:38 PM Agree 0
    Stafford heights has been in the top 10 suburbs to buy in brisbane. 8km city or 15mins via tunnel. Less than 10% multi dwellings. Several schools state and private in 2km radius. Several major supermarkets within 2km radius. Block sizes around 600 sq mtrs. Great value for money.
  • Kuey | 09 Jul 2014, 10:42 PM Agree 0
    Hi Lee,
    Not sure you remember our conversation a couple of months back. I finally found out where the off the plan investment property is at. The property is located in Harry's Pocket in Bellbird Park. I think it's getting closer to Redbank Plains which you mention not too desirable. Any info would be helpful. Thanks Lee.

• Michelle | 10 Jul 2014, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    With only 300k to spend, I was thinking of a one bedder in an inner city suburb such as West End or near the uni in St Lucia etc. Is this a good idea? I am COMPLETELY BAMBOOZLED by reading conflictiing info. I figure the renters will always want to be in these areas, yields are ok, and resale shouldn't be a problem in such culturally diverse and interesting areas. it would be a 5- 6 year plan. I would LOVE others opinions particulary people who have been in this position... Michelle
  • Vik | 10 Jul 2014, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    Hello Lee,

I'm considering a property in The Springs, Augustine Heights. In a previous post you mentioned that you'd rate land built by Australand as a third amongst Stockland, Brentwood Rise and Australand. Just wanted to know if there was a particular reason (apart form the small sized lots as you've mentioned)

Thank you
  • dan | 23 Jul 2014, 01:08 PM Agree 0
    Hello Michelle

As a property investor myself and a full time property researcher I have some great information on inner city apartment purchasing which I would be happy to share. if you are considering a single bedroom or studio apartment there are some 'must knows' before leaping in... You can do so much with a 300k budget if you do your homework wisely and don't be lead to believe you have little choice due to the budget size. Drop me a mail and we can chat.. best regard Dan
  • Property Investment Brisbane | 27 Jul 2014, 05:25 AM Agree 0
    First time visit really great and lot of information about real estate.
    Recent many years are actually sobering pertaining to worldwide home. Plummeting residence rates possess torpedoed buy-to-let areas everywhere. However an incredible number of Britons are still lured because of the imagine choosing a home.
  • Barbara | 27 Jul 2014, 10:41 PM Agree 0
    Researching for properties and have found this very informative and interesting...
  • Kate | 29 Jul 2014, 03:33 PM Agree 0
    I live in Townsville 3 empty rental houses in my street we are moving out of the house we are in $400 a week in to a better house with outdoor area fenced allows pets $375. When i looked on onthehouse they paid half a mill for it was rented for $450. Great investment! Houses for sale and rent everywhere get in now before you all miss out.
  • Francis | 02 Aug 2014, 08:47 AM Agree 0
    Why would anybody invest in Queensland when it is a real estate disaster zone. Melbourne and Sydney house prices have taken off because of the low interest rates. But Gold Coast, Brisbane apartments or in fact anywhere in Queensland is going nowhere. If they are not shooting up when interest rates are at record low levels I hate to think what will happen when interest rates rise. Will they even hold their current low price. Use your head and invest down south where all the employment is.
  • Richard | 04 Aug 2014, 04:12 PM Agree 0
    Looking at buying house for investment in Rochedale South. House is a sound small 3 Br (890 sq mtr block and no work needed) and is within walking distance of the planned busway at Rochedale. Otherwise at moment bus is 200mtrs and less than 30 into city along busway (Garden City, UNI's and City). They are looking for $390,000 and rents out at $366 a week.

I am terrible and speculating but thoughts as an investment?

Regards, Richard
  • Ravneet | 05 Aug 2014, 08:45 PM Agree 0
    Hi I m first time going to invest in property which is in Ipswich suburb is leichhardt duplex dual income house.can any one please tell me if it good investment growth wise and rent wise.what are the chances of getting value after two years if sell it in the market just say buying house and land package price 460k what is expected value in next coming years according to value now going up.thanks very much
  • brad | 06 Aug 2014, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    Just pushing this anyone think highfields is back
  • carol061 | 06 Aug 2014, 07:46 PM Agree 0
    So confused, would love to enter the property market, have no financial obligations own home good employment, but am frightened unsure of best areas, happy for long term say 10 year return,( will need to severely boost superannuation) in mid 50's could spend up to 400K does any one have ideas
    • Terry | 14 Nov 2014, 02:37 PM Agree 0
      Hi Carol

I have a list on the top 10 Queensland Hotspots for 2014-2105 if you wish to take a look. Just Google Terry Loftus Real Estate to find me
  • Ian | 09 Aug 2014, 11:24 AM Agree 0
    Hi, Anita
    My first time on this site.
    I was after some more information on the dual occupancy housing in this area. Is this the same as a duplex or something different or one in the same.
    My email is:
    I would love to find out some more information about this area also.
    Thanks in advance
  • Elliott | 09 Aug 2014, 04:22 PM Agree 0
    I have been looking at these 2 & 3 Bed places in Kelvin Grove, they are really close to the city Shops and Both Universities and the Royal brisbane Hospital. The agent tells me they are great investment properties as the whole block has been renovated not just the units so there will be no surprise fees coming up like can happen with a lot of other older 70's and 80's brick apartments.
    They are $550k for the 3 Bed 2 bath which is rented at $550/week and the 2 bed 2 bath are $460k renting 430/week. body corporates seem quite low at $1300/PA. Any comments I am pretty tempted with them being so close to town.
    RE. com. au properties Property No. 117517623 and 117517631
  • Diane | 10 Aug 2014, 04:26 PM Agree 0
    Thoughts on Caboolture South (4510) to buy an investment property? Looking at a 4+2+2, low $300's. Depends on where you read, reasonable rental yield and properties on the rise...thank you...
  • Juliana | 12 Aug 2014, 02:27 PM Agree 0
    Hi everyone, I'm thinking to buy a investiment property and I'm not sure in which suburb I will invest yet. Thinking about Springfield (Greater Springfiled) or North lakes. Any thoughts?
  • Alexandra | 12 Aug 2014, 09:31 PM Agree 0
    Hi Everyone, I would love some thoughts on investing in Bellmere QLD 4510 or Deception Bay QLD 4508. I am looking for a 20y+ plus investment via a SMSF with a purchase price of between $250-$275K and a decent rental return. Wondering whether investing in a master plan area is good or not? Thanks in advance for your comments.
  • Luiza | 13 Aug 2014, 05:23 PM Agree 0
    Hi All, Looking at buying a house and land package for investment in Coomera, QLD. Advice sought about long and short term benefits and pitfalls and the overall outlook for the suburb. Thanks.
  • David | 18 Aug 2014, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Hi Juliana and Luiza, post your email addresses and I'll forward you a pack about the eastern Ipswich area and northern Gold Coast area.
  • John | 18 Aug 2014, 08:49 PM Agree 0
    Hi All,
    I'm looking at purchasing a unit either in the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast areas, but I can't find consistent information on which area has the most potential.
    Anyone's opinions greatly appreciated.

• Emma | 20 Aug 2014, 11:50 AM Agree 0
    My husband and I too are looking at good strong investment areas. We are currently in Sydney bug would love some information on areas worth investing in around Australia please

Email is
  • Victor | 20 Aug 2014, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    Seriously considering investing in a House + Land package for 341k at Lowood QLD with a Property Group. It is a gated community 30 mins from Ipswich, 50mins from Brisbane, 45 mins from GoldCoast with BBQ and pool area, Golf course a stroll away, close to prim+High schools, Child Care centres and Gatton Agric Uni. I am looking at long term and this is my first time, so am I on the right track??
  • roy.halim | 20 Aug 2014, 03:57 PM Agree 0
    Hi everyone,

When investing in property, there are few thing that need to be consider:
    - conveniently located, close to employment places, public transport, schools, entertainments, etc
    - what are the future plans for that location that will bring improvement (new infrastructure developments, urban renewals, etc)
    - well known developers (built qualities are essential, as we aim to hold our investments long term)
    - and right timing.

These will maximise your return and also reduce the risk of your investments.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Roy Halim

• Michael trub | 21 Aug 2014, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    Seems to be recommendations here from black to white which (and everything in between) despite what I feel are some basic errors in advice above, I'd point most readers to a book I just read on oz property called VALUE investing in property ...and it is an incredible read. Gives opposing advice that cairns, et al would be a disaster but more than anything author suggests focussing on targeted suburbs...of which there aren't many...and keeping an a game investor mindset. I actually enjoyed it more that rich dad poor dad. I think author is Gavin mcferguson. I got at library, try bookshop or amazon I suppose. Also tells u that rarely, if ever is a millionaire sitting up at night on forums like this giving their info away for free - so while tips are advice is to follow the experts.
  • steven | 21 Aug 2014, 04:04 PM Agree 0
    Yes I'd like to know the 10 hotspots in QLD too Terry. Please send me a copy as well. thanks.
  • lawrie burgess | 21 Aug 2014, 10:29 PM Agree 0
    hi terry I would be interested in reading your report on the 10 hotspots for queensland. my email is,
  • terry | 25 Aug 2014, 11:48 AM Agree 0
    People visiting this post are obviously searching for a property hotspot. Contact me now I will send a report (from a respected property valuer) that confirms why this area is set to take off.

One company is investing 8.5 billion dollars here on one project.
  • Ramesh | 25 Aug 2014, 06:10 PM Agree 0
    Hi Scott. I am in Sydney and need information about which areas are good for good returns and growth.

• Ramesh | 25 Aug 2014, 06:13 PM Agree 0
    Hi Nigel

I am looking for some investment properties with potential FOR GOOD RETURN AND GROWTH around South east Queensland.

• Anand | 25 Aug 2014, 06:29 PM Agree 0
    HI Terry,
    I would love to receive that report.
  • Tristan | 26 Aug 2014, 08:55 PM Agree 0
    Hi Terry, could you please email me that report.
    Thanks very much
  • moville | 31 Aug 2014, 08:10 PM Agree 0
    Is anyone investing in nsw?
  • ANNE | 01 Sep 2014, 07:33 PM Agree 0
  • ANNE | 01 Sep 2014, 07:42 PM Agree 0
    HI, I WOULD LIKE your opinion on investments to buy in qld, i was thinking, deception bay, ipswich, redcliffe, i really just dont know, thanks anne
  • Jo | 02 Sep 2014, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    Moranbah would be a resounding no for investment atm. The real estate market has plummeted and there are many, many, MANY vacant rental houses. The mining boom is long gone, and it took with it the real estate boom!
  • David thomson | 02 Sep 2014, 09:44 PM Agree 0
    Hi looking at investing in qld or northern nsw
  • Susan | 03 Sep 2014, 03:57 PM Agree 0
    Hi, I'm happy to help you with this if you like. I offer a free service to property investors and currently have a lot of intel concerning Brisbane properties that are set to perform very well. I can show you the drivers of investment etc...

Give me a call if you like - 04 999 000 75
  • Ivan | 03 Sep 2014, 07:04 PM Agree 0
    Hi all - I'm from Canberra and am looking to make my first investment in QLD and currently looking at a property in Boronia Heights. Does anyone have any information regarding this suburb? The property is currently tenanted and the place looks well looked after....
  • Richie | 04 Sep 2014, 02:33 PM Agree 0
    I got completly confused about where to invest and after a year of looking my wife got a telemarketer to convince her to have a meeting with a property investment consultant.
    i was soo concerned through the whole process because friends have been duped into buying over priced property. they gave me a written guarentee that they would buy back the property if it didnt come within 4% of valuation. now its rented and i have a scedule that tells me we are due to buy another in 15 months! [edited:advertising]
  • Robyn | 08 Sep 2014, 10:02 PM Agree 0
    I am also a first timer and looking for some advice about the Lowood area in Qld. I am using an investment company and hoping their advice is correct.
    I would also like the top list too.
  • Dominic | 09 Sep 2014, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    I have a property in Boronia heights which was my PPOR for 11 years. Lots of renovation done.. new bathrooms, kitchen , tiling, Solar Hot water etc. With reluctance I rented it out and currently fetching rent of $380 per week. The price is 335K if you are interested.
    Phone me if this is something you would consider. 0435134775.
  • Debbie | 11 Sep 2014, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    The most important thing is to find an independent advisor to make sure the structure and the investment are both sound
  • Lindsay | 14 Sep 2014, 11:51 PM Agree 0
    Purchased 5th investment property in SEQ being dual key auxiliary in Brassall. Great rental yield from 7%, potential capital growth, cash flow positive with $48 in the pocket each week, close to raaf base & uni's etc. did a lot of research with this one. Other investments in Annerley, tarragindi, greenslopes and north lakes. Springfield west end bulimba Chermside Gordon park south brisbane all going off. SEQ .... hang on its gonna be a steep climb!!
    • | 22 Sep 2014, 09:35 AM Agree 0
      bellbird park aux living nearly 7% yield selling price $520,000 that's right no agent's fees builders direct.
  • KATE | 15 Sep 2014, 06:45 PM Agree 0
    I would also be interested if anyone has any advice on Deception Bay/Caboolture/woodgate areas?
Post a reply