Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Best place to buy

Notify me of new replies via email
| 22 May 2012, 02:30 AM Agree 0
Hi All,

Looking to buy property for approx $500K. What are your views about these suburbs - Auburn, Lidcombe, Strathfield, Parramatta, Blacktown, Westmead or Newman WA? Any potential??

Any help will be highly appreciated.

• oldgreg | 22 May 2012, 05:33 AM Agree 0
    Hi smarty. I'm no expert on Sydney, but I noticed a couple of other forum conversations on Western Sydney. Hope these help...
  • addicted | 23 May 2012, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    What are your goals for the investment?
    All the suburbs have some merit but it depends what your strategy is.

What's your priority? Yield/cash flow? CG?

Difficult to say which are will suit your strategy without knowing what it is.
  • smarty | 23 May 2012, 10:50 PM Agree 0
    Hi Addicted,

Strategy is simple, make good moneny out of it. May be initially focus on good rental return and long term (5yrs) potential for good CG.

• SydneyWealthBuilder | 24 May 2012, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    Hi why buy a 2 bedroom unit in these suburbs when I can help you buy a 4 bedroom in Ropes Crossing for the same price and rent return around 6% email
  • Markjames220 | 25 May 2012, 06:50 AM Agree 0
    In investing, time is your mainly valuable benefit. The longer your money is invested, you can get the more chance you have of reaching your investment goals.
  • addicted | 25 May 2012, 07:11 AM Agree 0
    Hi why buy a 2 bedroom unit in these suburbs when I can help you buy a 4 bedroom in Ropes Crossing for the same price and rent return around 6%

UMM because it's Mt Druitt!!!!
    Why would he want to spend $500K for a house in Mt Druitt?

Don't get me wrong, I've made good money in Mt Druitt but on houses less than half that price.
  • Eos Property | 28 May 2012, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    Hi Smarty,

Based on your desire for cashflow I would suggest of the places you have shortlisted that Newman would be you rbest bet - be aware you are investing in mining towns and additional due diligence is required.

Newman is anchored by BHP and they continue to extend and upgrade their operations in the area. Hancock Mining and FMG are also in on the game in the Newman area but you will need big bucks to enter the market in Newman.

Hope this helps.

Edit - $500K may not get you much in Newman. Haven't looked for a while so that comment may be off the mark.
  • smarty | 28 May 2012, 11:03 PM Agree 0
    Hi Derek,

Thanks for info, i heard rental return in newman is 20%, is it true??? I saw few properties on (1.3M mark) and rent was $4500p/w, sounds strange???
  • Eos Property | 29 May 2012, 06:44 AM Agree 0
    Hi Smarty,

Would be entirely possible we were offering property in Hedland and Karratha with expected gross rent returns of 15%+ - the current mining activity in the area is creating an unprecedented demand for accommodation and, as a consequence, rents and property values are heading northwards.

A lot of the property activity is being generated by property investors seeking high rent returns like those you mention. In some cases the properties are rented on a per/bedroom basis to single workers (defacto dongas if you like) and that is why high rents are possible.

To me Newman is more of a shorter term investment option. As a consequence it is not a set and forget investment option as things can change.

Hope this helps.
  • Bennett | 30 May 2012, 07:12 AM Agree 0
    Last decade's bipolar housing market is over. The ups, the downs, the thrills, the spills -- largely behind us. Yes, prices and sales are stuck in neutral in large swaths of the country.

But let's ring in the new decade optimistically, with Walletpop's Top 10 List of the Best Places to Buy a Home in 2011. This mostly unscientific and partially-biased list is based on a grab-bag of lifestyle priorities and, yes, thorough reporting.

Rental Property Management

1. Austin, Texas: Best All-Around City
    Population: 799,267
    Median home price: $119,788
    Why here: Texas' capital and a great college town, Austin is beautiful and the 12th-most-affordable American metro area. Job growth from 2000 to 2010 was 14.1%, according to Trulia; unemployment currently is 7.1%, compared with 9.8% nationwide. The city's population is growing too. These positive indicators are expected to continue in the coming decade. Fortune 500 companies abound here; it's home to more than 2,000 tech companies. Home prices are reasonable for the $73,747 median family income and let's face it, nobody does BBQ better than Texas.

2. Deerfield Beach, Florida: Most Affordable Town With a View
    Population: 74,584
    Median home price: $89,400
    Why here: There may be cities with lower median prices (not many), but I'm guessing you need a down coat to live there. This burg comes complete with year-round warm weather and beachfront properties that not too long ago cost a bundle ($400,000+). It's close to Fort Lauderdale and Miami, where residents can go for professional sports and cultural events.

3. Broomfield County, Colorado: Best Jobs
    Population: 55,000
    Median home price: $239,000
    Why here: Jobs! It also doesn't hurt that the county is tucked between Denver and Boulder, so the scenery is nice too. Job growth in this area exploded 50% during the last decade. High-tech giants Oracle, Ball Corporation and VMware employ lots of folks, and IBM and Avaya are nearby. If you're college-educated, you're in good company: About 38% of the county's residents hold a bachelor's or higher degree, according to the Broomfield Economic Development Corporation. If you ski and hike, we're talkin' bliss!
  • Bill Anderson | 27 Jun 2012, 08:50 AM Agree 0
    I have no idea about this but thanks for arising this topic.
  • tonnygarden | 03 Jul 2012, 01:28 PM Agree 0
    I would like to know one thing from you; are you interested in buying some real estate property in USA?? You can easily get plenty of properties with good location over there according to your budget.
  • digital1234 | 19 Jul 2012, 04:52 AM Agree 0
    Las vegas property management companies provide best solutions in property management and they are one of the leading property management consultant in Las vegas.
  • sofia | 19 Jul 2012, 09:45 PM Agree 0
    I think that from te Europe it is time to stop investing since in some countries, the properties value is decreasing and should not take the old value soon. Regards
  • ravijaypee | 23 Jul 2012, 07:19 AM Agree 0
    You Can Buy Property in Indian in Best Places like Noida, Gurgawon, Faridabad and Delhi
  • smarty | 23 Jul 2012, 10:54 PM Agree 0
    Hi Ravi,

Could you please provide more info, such as, price, CG, Rental return etc? Are you dealing with any projects at the moment?

You can shoot me an email to

Post a reply