Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Blog: Lisa Curtin's latest reno project

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 20 Oct 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
I settled on a unit last month and have been busy organizing its renovation before my 18 year old daughter Isabella and her 20 year old boyfriend Bryce move in. I can hear alarm bells ringing, but as a single mum with only one child, Isabella will inherit both my assets and my debts so I figure I’ll start her early to get an understanding of the property market...
  • Kelly Savin | 09 Jan 2013, 01:11 AM Agree 0
    Hi Lisa
    WOW... AMAZING I am Nolas assistant Loved you blog and loved what you have done with the unit what a transformation. I look forward to following you blog.
    Thank you for allowing us to share your article on Nolas webpage we hope others are inspired by your achievements.
    And what a very lucky daughter you have

Good Luck

• Nicole G | 11 Jan 2013, 10:58 PM Agree 0
    Hi Lisa, the new bathroom looks great. Did you get new drawings done for the bathroom or was this not needed as the facilities were being kept in same location.
    Being from northern suburbs in Perth, it's great to hear/see someone's local experience as most case studies I review are from east coast.
    Look forward to seeing future blogs!
  • Lisa Curtin | 08 Oct 2013, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    Hi Nicole, I'm so sorry I missed your post asking a question. I had the toilet removed and new fittings put in by a plumber but mainly kept the same layout. There was originally a bath under the shower so the bath taps also needed to be shut off so it was lucky I was tiling the whole room as it covered the works. There was no need for plans or council approval. Good luck with your reno and all the best with your future projects.
  • Dana | 27 Jan 2014, 06:27 AM Agree 0
    Do I need to make an extra driveway to subdivide land down the back from the main house at the front. What's wrong with parking on the street?
  • Lisa Curtin | 05 Feb 2014, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    Hi Dana, You'll need to check with your local council for the rulings in your area. In my area I had to have separate driveways for the two properties and street parking wasn't an option. Good luck!
Post a reply