Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Buyers Agent Brisbane area

Notify me of new replies via email
Tracey | 14 Apr 2013, 03:16 PM Agree 0
HI, I have been researching property investing for a few months and now just find myself totally confused as to the right area to buy in for growth a neutral/postive cash flow. I am looking at Nras and the get warned about it, then get told I shouldnt buy out of my backyard (I am Victorian). I was looking at Redbank PLains then got told not to go there as in years to come you wont be able to sell it due to new housing developments, then Brisbane apartments and again told by someonne else not get involved with strata and also NRAS apartments are just quick sales by developers who cant sell the apartment. Then also told by another that the prices will be inflated and at settlement they will be lower in value than purchased. Then told by another it is rare to find a performing property that is positive cash flow.

I am unsure who to trust yet need help to get my first investment property going. I am considering a buyers agent who would also be familiar with Nras. Can anyone offer any reputable honest genuine people who could really direct me without too many choices to get confused over.

• Graham | 16 Apr 2013, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    Tracey, if you listen to everyone, you will never buy anything. You need to educate yourself so that you can recognise a good deal when you see it. Establish you own strategy or simply copy someone elses from YIP magazine. The more homework you do, the smarter you get. Most people change their strategy anyway along their journey, I certainly did, If you do enough research it is very easy for you to know more than the real estate person who is selling a property. By the way with real estate agents, tell them NOTHING and don't believe anything they tell you. It's not that they may be lying, it's more likely that they just don't know. I have has one of them tell me that the property next door was going to be developed soon. He didn't know that I owned it. Another one said to me "I just can't read you" I just smiled at him. Good luck, hope you buy something soon.
  • Mark Coburn | 16 Apr 2013, 01:17 PM Agree 0
    I believe if you pay for your advice you are in a better position to believe in it. Just like going to the doctors. You may get a second opinion but, you are unlikely to get it from a friend, are you?
    I think property is the same.
    Research, Set and Relax = Invest for the longer term.
    Don't follow the popularist trendy me too's, stick to good research with longer (10+) term predictions. Plenty of people buy investment property and then are forced to sell again too soon because their "good idea" at the time has come back to bite them. Trading increases risk and eats into your profits. Time is your friend when it come to building wealth.
    Mark Coburn
    0405 243 547
  • Andrew Allen | 22 Apr 2013, 01:22 PM Agree 0
    Hi Tracey,

A visit to the somersoft property forums could be a good place to start, as always with investing it's powerful to know where you are heading and what you want to achieve before you being to search or invest.

Good luck!

Andrew Allen
    Brisbane Buyers' Agent
  • Mandy Carle | 17 May 2013, 11:37 AM Agree 0
    I have found over the years that it is all about Focus. Decide on a strategy and stick to it. As soon as you make this decision those kind of deals will just gravitate to you. Don't get distracted by all the other deals out there, just Focus. Become an expert in that one strategy. Buyers agents are good (sometimes) but still you will need to be educated to know they are finding you a good deal and you will need to know exactly what you are looking for. Without Focus you will not do anything because you will never feel confident in what you are doing. Sometimes buddying up with someone that knows what they are doing for the first one is good too. Find someone that is willing to teach you through the process. Good luck, I'm sure you will go well as you are taking the first step, just keep taking the steps.
Post a reply