Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Colours

Notify me of new replies via email
| 08 Aug 2012, 01:55 AM Agree 0

I have noticed that a lot of professional renovators have a prest colour scheme they use for all the places they do up. I know it sounds trivial, but what would you guys recommend? What works? I heard they've said you should stay away from dark colours for the exterior?
  • Eos Property | 09 Aug 2012, 07:48 AM Agree 0
    Hi Brian,

Dark colours do detract from most properties and should be avoided at all costs.

We use neutral colours for all of our properties so that tenants are not turned off with a clash between their furniture and property colours.

As an aside we use the same colour (where possible) in all property so patch ups are easy. To help in this regard we also keep a record of paint colour names and brand and the colour mixing codes just in case it becomes difficult to recreate a certain colour of paint.
  • addicted | 09 Aug 2012, 09:55 PM Agree 0
    As EOS said neutral colours are best for properties you will rent.

We use Hog Bristle 1/4 on all ours. It's a warm colour. Tenants like it. We sometimes add a feature wall in the lounge and master bedroom.

• John Hayson | 23 Aug 2012, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    Yes,always try to use good combinations of colors for your properties.
Post a reply