Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Consumer protection bodies launch national spruiker campaign

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 24 May 2016, 04:03 AM Agree 0
Potential investors have again been reminded to wary of property education seminars and the deals offered by their organisers
  • Wayne McPhee | 31 May 2016, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    Wholeheartedly agree with all the above except my experience is that some of the professionals that you want people to refer to are often associated with the Marketers and scammers you warn of. Some Accountants, Financial Planners and Finance Brokers regularly sell property and hide the fact or refer clients to Marketers for a slice of the commission. The only safe way is to regulate the entire property industry not just some i.e. real estate agents. Introduce education standards that are nationally recognised. There are issues with this as even in a regulated space, such as the above professionals, people try to cheat the system or break the law. With regulations the lines are clear, not this fog that property marketers and spruikers live in and the public dice with. By not having a trust account, taking listings or advertising directly a property for sale and using marketing agreements with developers all the various State Acts are avoided. It is too simple and too easy to become an investment property marketer/salesperson. How does a multi Billion dollar industry with so much negativity surrounding it and its actions in this day and age go unregulated?
Post a reply