Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Cutting out the middle men: Real estate agents pros and cons

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 16 May 2008, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Employing a real estate agent to market your property can be a costly business, so why not just do it yourself?
  • JonasSmith | 28 May 2014, 04:19 PM Agree 0
    A reliable blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that characterize a blog to be a best one.
  • Jonas Smith | 31 May 2014, 05:35 PM Agree 0
    You can also cut out lawyers as middle men when you need to defend yourself. However, I do not think that would be a wise decision..
  • Ricey | 03 Jun 2014, 01:40 PM Agree 0
    Real estate has changed as a profession in terms of the professionalism and knowledge required to find buyers. In nearly all cases, my agents have told me 95% of their buyers come via the web. They do not front up to offices going on tours of like properties, and often arrange one-off inspections. Many have a relaxed hands-off approach at inspection time, which is desired by buyers, and so the window for them inserting their value over that of a property owner selling themselves, is very minor and not worth the fee charged. A lawyer is not a salesperson. A lawyer cannot step back from the process and let things progress. An agent, however, can have someone see an internet advert, arrange an inspection, and negotiate an offer. For some people, the negotiation is daunting. For others it is not, and it is the main area where an agent can show their skill. If you are a confident negotiator and not aggressive/emotional, you will be able to sell your house yourself. Personality traits will not be enough to allow you to replace your lawyer!
Post a reply