Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Do you physically inspect every investment property?

Notify me of new replies via email
James | 27 Aug 2013, 04:04 PM Agree 0

I am currently planning to buy my first investment property in rural areas of WA. I am living in Melbourne. Recently I've learnt a few savvy investors who owns 10+ investment properties would prefer to invest in some booming towns. I'm just wondering if those investors physically inspect every investment property that is thousands miles away from their home or they just bought properties via phone? My budget for the first investment is under $300k, so should I go and have a look at the property if there is any?

Any suggestions will be appreciated! : )
  • Louey | 30 Aug 2013, 04:13 PM Agree 0
    Hi, I have a small investment property company in Melbourne, and a company called energy call centres has approached me about investment property appointment setting.I think they are relatively new. I admit I rang a few referees including the Real Estate Institute of Victoria and got outstanding feedback from 6 out of 7 companies, who said they were getting a tremendous ROI (and the one that complained DID sound a bit dodgy to me), and probably my gut reaction is to go with them, but to me their pricing structure, QA etc all sounds a bit too good to be true. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? And can you recommend any other third party lead generation companies?
  • Moyen | 05 Sep 2013, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    Hey James,

As you're not an experienced investor and this is going to be your first investment in property, I'd highly recommend you to plan a trip to WA. Experienced investors always inspects property and predict their return even if they're not buying. Proper plan and strategy is very important to become a successful investor.

If you need any kind of help getting started, don't hesitate to contact us.

Portfolio Property Investments
Post a reply