Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Expert Advice by Paul Wilson: Landlord Insurance

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 23 Jul 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
In light of my recent and first ever fire in one of my properties it has reminded me of what I preach to my clients on a daily basis about the importance of property and landlord insurance and to ensure that the quality of their cover and the amount of their insurance provides adequate cover.
  • We Find Houses | 14 Nov 2013, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    Paul Wilson will be happy to answer your questions through this forum thread!
  • Tiarna | 22 Dec 2014, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    Paul, my tenant abandoned my property and the clean up bill (including removal of rubbish - 970kg was taken to the dump) was $1800. My landlords insurance company are saying they will not pay the clean up bill as they consider it "untidy housekeeping". There was drugs and syringes found in the property, spew on the floor, coke stains all over the kitchen ceiling, cocaine spilt over the carpet, massive holes in the walls ETC ETC.. I don't know how they can say it's not malicious as an inspection was held at the property only 3 weeks before and the house was absolutely fine. Any advice?
Post a reply