Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

First Home Buyer - Growth or Cashflow?

Notify me of new replies via email
Douglas Slater | 21 Feb 2015, 06:45 PM Agree 0
Hi everyone. I am a First Home Buyer keen to finally get into the property market. I have just moved to Melbourne, and i am keen to make the best use out of my solid deposit as possible. I am interested in buying a 2-3 bedroom house within 15km of the CBD as i see great gains to be made still, however, competing with the investors in those areas is proving to be rather difficult! I am seeking advice from those with investment experience. Am i best focussing all or a large amount of my deposit on one house, or am i best looking at units and perhaps splitting my deposit and purchasing two units with one as an investment? as for my approach in the long-term, i do not see a need to be solely capital gains focussed or 100% cashflow. I think purchasing 1 or 2 growth asset, as well as a number of cheaper cashflow assets can be very successful. Agree or disagree? If you feel that you can value add to my sceanrio i would love to hear from you. Thanks - Doug
Post a reply