Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

First Time Buyer (living overseas) / Investment Property

Notify me of new replies via email
CJ | 30 Oct 2014, 01:07 AM Agree 0

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some investment feedback/thoughts? I am an Australian currently living in the UK. Before I left a couple of years ago I was able to save up a deposit that has essentially been sitting in a bank account since.

I am looking to buy an investment property somewhere around my hometown in Melbourne, however have no idea what I’m doing really! :) I have $140k saved, which I will probably only use part of as a deposit and potentially look at a purchasing a property around the $350 to $400k. I understand there are tax implications given I am not a resident which is the reason I think it might be best to go for a higher LVR and maybe an interest only repayments so I don’t cop the high tax rates on rental profits.

I would like to enter the property market, but given the current forecasts I understand capital growth could be limited the next few years and am wondering if this is actually a wise investment choice?

Many thanks,

• propertywatcher | 06 Nov 2014, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    Hi CJ

Are you strictly looking at Melbourne or happy to look at other markets too? What kind of property are you looking for?
Post a reply