Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Get rich from regional Australia?

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 31 Jul 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
With research and clever timing it is possible to score top performing properties in the most unlikely of places – Australia’s country towns. Your Investment Property finds out how to do it
  • Harlie | 09 May 2013, 11:59 PM Agree 0
    Fantastic insight into regional areas, thank you! I am certainly looking to invest in a regional areas in the future due to some of the factors you mentioned above.
  • Agam | 14 May 2015, 04:55 AM Agree 0
    Very helpful even though it's old. I have been thinking from heart to buy a property in rural area considering cheap price and big land size never thought to consider all these factors. I think I need more research for the area before buying. Thank you for this. Agam
  • howard | 15 May 2015, 05:34 PM Agree 0
    Yes, it is better option to invest in regional properties as they are providing better offers.
  • David | 20 Sep 2015, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    That's an incredibly detailed article. I've been investing since the late 1980's and one thing that causes price growth is a cheap price point. Sounds overly simple but if you have decent price drivers like scarcity, desirability and a diverse local economy its proven to work.
  • Rockhampton Propereties | 08 Jun 2016, 05:56 PM Agree 0
    Regional Australia has a lot to offer. For example, we have a couple of properties up for sale in Rockhampton, Central Queensland that have a very low price compared to the capital cities and yet they are giving investors more than 7% ROI. Try getting that in the capital cities. If you get 4% you are doing well.
  • Bill | 16 Jun 2016, 01:48 PM Agree 0
    Kingaroy looks interesting. Moreton Resources are trying to get a new coal mine going there, projected to employ hundreds of people. Also, Gina Rinehart bought up a lot of land in the area, and there's also a wind farm proposed down the road. Property values have been flat there for years, and returns are currently up to about 5.5%, which is higher than they were. Beautiful old houses there on huge blocks, costing not much.
  • Lin | 24 Jun 2016, 01:23 PM Agree 0
    Like probably a lot of others I would love to know if anyone can name some rural areas that are within an hour of so of medium size towns with rural lifestyle but also ability to work? Preferably with new home builds going up in area for capital growth..
    • Sean | 30 Jun 2016, 05:18 PM Agree 0
      Biddaddaba, maybe? Good luck!
Post a reply