Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Housing bubble is here, admits former property cheerleader

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 22 Jul 2014, 09:47 AM Agree 0
The spectre of a housing bubble has again been raised, this time by a commentator who previously dismissed such concerns.
  • Gentleman | 23 Jul 2014, 09:33 AM Agree 0
    Times been called on the housing market - this really is the last call for people to try and get out if they're overcommitted - it's only going to get worse from here on in. A rapidly inflating bubble, drop in trades, business slow down, unemployment rising amongst many other facets just adds to the horror that's about to be unleashed in Australia. Propped up years ago by the first home vendor boost - the only players left in are the investors who are to blinded by the medias 'Property only ever goes up' mantra to ever believe anything different. Time to get out of dodge...
  • Shaun | 23 Jul 2014, 02:03 PM Agree 0
    Couldnt agree More Gentlemen . The amount of people i know levereged to the max, Buying Investment properties on low fixed interest rates. Please! Cash is King. a liquid position is much better than a leveraged one is my belief
  • Andrew | 23 Jul 2014, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    A friend of mine just had his house valued at $540,000 by a real estate company. In readiness to purchase an investment property, Westpac valued the same property at $620,000. Why? So they would borrow more ? Who Knows.. But I wouldn't be investing in this market. Not now. Maybe when the bubble bursts
  • Calis | 01 Aug 2014, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Australians love to spend but not necessarily save. Dont have the money to buy a car? Borrow from the bank. No money to own a home? Borrow. Have debt/mortgate to pay off? Still go on that yearly overseas holiday. It works nicely when you have a job, property market conitnues to go up and enough Chinese investors keep pumping in their money into our market. But interest rates are only going to rise from here and so is unemployment rate. Pretty much everyone I know is in debt, if the bubble bursts it is going to hit people really hard.
  • Helen | 03 Aug 2014, 10:22 PM Agree 0
    For the last 10 years, all I hear about is this elusive housing bubble that is about to burst...and whilst some people have been waiting for the crash...others have have been buying up, building up portfolios and enjoying capital growth.
  • Dorian | 04 Aug 2014, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    That's 100% right Helen!
Post a reply