Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

‘How I got scammed out of $25,000’

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 12 Jul 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Brisbane resident Richard Laansma was told about an opportunity to buy shares in a new development after a respected property guru lent his name to the project. It is something he wishes he never heard about
  • Garry Macdonald | 19 Jul 2012, 02:03 PM Agree 0
    Who is the 'well respected property guru'?
  • John Henry | 19 Jul 2012, 05:05 PM Agree 0
    Can anyone please share the name of the scammer here ?
    So that it helps others as well not to fall into this trap.
  • Pascoe | 19 Jul 2012, 05:15 PM Agree 0
    Yes, please tell who this a--ehole is. He and his counterparts should be made to pay everything back, than be put into gaol.
  • Gordo | 19 Jul 2012, 09:08 PM Agree 0
    Name and shame.
  • Stewart | 19 Jul 2012, 10:20 PM Agree 0
    An appeal to the individual involved, and anyone else who gets trapped in this sort of scam, if Australian spruikers are involved ... TELL ASIC. These types of schemes are illegal, for more than 20 people, unless they are licensed and registered appropriately. These managers clearly were not, and if you tell ASIC at least you can help other people avoid a similar fate. On a separate note, don't let this deter anyone from buying property (whether at home or abroad) there is the world of difference between buying "shares" and buying a physical property with proven title in your name.
  • Hugo | 22 Jul 2012, 09:11 PM Agree 0
    A seismic fault... gotta love that
  • Marty | 22 Jul 2012, 09:13 PM Agree 0
    I think you have to be mad to invest in the US right now!
  • Kym | 07 Aug 2012, 02:24 PM Agree 0
    If it sounds too good to be true then 100% of the time it is!!!
Post a reply