Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to Achieve $90,000 a year passive income by 2020

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 06 Sep 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
There are plenty of strategies an investor could use to get on track to some clever property purchases, but how do you get there without working two jobs or skimping by on Vegemite on toast every evening? We enlisted the help of Australia’s top property strategists and found out
  • dave | 16 Sep 2015, 11:38 PM Agree 0
    this article it's full of myth! if you think you getting 8% from your intereste you are dreaming.. and if you think with $30.000 deposit you can buy a 2/3 brd apt in a capital city, you are seriously in the wrong business...
  • Mike | 20 Oct 2015, 03:13 PM Agree 0
    The only way you will get an 8% return on your investment is through the stockmarket, but who knows if you can get that through a commercial property.
    If you buy in the northern suburbs of Melbourne 12km from the cbd you can get a 2 bedroom villa unit for about $380K. Forget 3 bedrooms all together.
    My only problem with the optimists scenario is how long do you keep property 1 for? with a 5% deposit the stamp duty alone will kill you as will LMI. You'd have to keep property 1 for at least 4 years to make those expenses up.
    I suppose Joshua could re-evaluate he will want to marry, have kids, etc. If he has time its a great strategy to get a big enough deposit to buy a big enough house to live in mortgage free and still work.
  • Amilia | 21 Oct 2015, 07:24 PM Agree 0
    Anyway you have to work on two jobs in the first part of your life so you are able to invest and have passive income in the second part.
  • nick | 03 Nov 2015, 01:50 AM Agree 0
    8% yield is possible, if you really search the market and wait patiently to buy the right one.
    I bought a shop top housing in 2009 in the inner city. Purchase price of $855.000. Rent out the shop for 45k and the residential on top for $30k.
    Subdivision is good way to increase the the value of the property. By the way it takes time from settlement to settlement. Practically takes 18 months.
  • smart man | 18 Mar 2016, 10:03 PM Agree 0
    If you try any of this you will probably end up broke
  • Pj | 26 May 2016, 08:54 AM Agree 0
    After purchasing the first property with LTR 95% wouldn't you need more than a year to settle the debt before purchasing the second property. Besides who will be willing to lend 250k to someone for investment without collateral. I don't understand the time frame between all those purchases.
  • Curious | 10 Aug 2016, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    No replies ... interesting!
  • Ani | 07 Sep 2016, 09:42 PM Agree 0
    I'm missing something. In the first scenario she talks about buying 5 properties but these are all negatively geared so how is that turned into the 90k passive income in 17 years time? Does he start paying down the loans or? Selling them off one by one? She hasn't completely the picture for me. Can somebody fill me in? Thx
Post a reply