Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to avoid tenants from hell

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 21 Sep 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Do you dread what you might find come inspection day? Here's our top tips on how to avoid tenants from hell - and a few unbelievable horror stories.
  • Faulty agents | 13 Apr 2013, 09:11 AM Agree 0
    It's unbelievable that people advocate that a "good agent" will screen a tenant well.

The trueth is a good screening tenant can have life changes and turn into something not so nice.

The same thing can occur when lending money. They ,ay loose their jobs or become unwell or separate from a partner ans from there go pear shaped .

A normal person knows you can take all the steps to get it right and in the end it works out different from the plan all together.

So as a property manager of 14 years don't listen to the any agent with such a guartenee because its not always possible and the agent just wants your listing. Instead find. An agent you feel you can communicate well with in any situation, in that lies the key.

• Alf Gilbert | 20 Jul 2013, 07:15 PM Agree 0
    How an I stop my tenants vacating a VCAT hearing of the case by saying they have to attend a funeral at the same time the case is being heard and not have to produce a death certificate and just ajourn iot again and again using all dirrerent made up excuses without asking for proof? I.e. I was in hospital at the time of the hearing - so where is your hospital admission record?certificate. This has happened to us 7 times and yet there is no end in sight as to when we can get rid of these tenants who in 3 months have paid no rent whatsoever and refuse to lesave.
Post a reply