Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to maximise cash flow through depreciation

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 08 Dec 2015, 02:38 PM Agree 0
A smart property investment strategy is not just about capital growth and high rental yields; it’s also about improving cash flow. Tyron Hyde, from Washington Brown Quantity Surveyors, outlines his top depreciation tips for maximising cash flow
  • Laura | 16 Dec 2015, 08:29 PM Agree 0
    Hi Tyron,

In your point number 3 above, you mention swimming pools and gyms in apartment blocks being allowable depreciable items for individual apartments? Does this apply to all investment properties? My investment property has a gym and tennis court but I don't recall seeing these items listed on the depreciation schedule...
  • Tyron Hyde | 17 Dec 2015, 05:29 PM Agree 0
    Hi Laura

In most cases the answer is yes...but as they are generally split over many units, the claimable amount is not that great. Whether they are claimable or not would depend on what state the property is and who actually owns the common property. In some states the common property maybe owned by the body corporate.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Tyron
Post a reply