Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How we built our $4m portfolio quickly and safely

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 14 Apr 2016, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Despite being rejected multiple times by the banks, Wayne and Kirrily Bennett managed to amass 12 properties worth over $4m. Here’s how they did it
  • Peter | 19 Apr 2016, 08:36 PM Agree 0
    So basically they got a good break/LUCKY in the timing of things; You cant sell this like its a planned journey of wealth; PAST performance DOES NOT predict future performance people.

Anyone can say they have millions in property when they bought for cheap and rode the booms!

Try showing us success stories from SYDNEY NOW when the 50% increase in prices has happened and the avg price is 950k+ for a crappy unrenovated house! Show me that success story guys! I bet you cant, because the math cant stack up unless your earning 250k+ per year and you already had equity! Ha, these stories are such a misleading thing
    • Jordan | 04 May 2016, 12:28 AM Agree 0
      So buy outside of Sydney you goose
  • AnnaDanishek | 21 Apr 2016, 10:50 PM Agree 0
    sounds like a fairy tale, sorry
  • Nath88 | 13 May 2016, 05:30 AM Agree 0
    100% Jordan, Peter = goose
  • Prop Invest | 21 Oct 2016, 04:18 PM Agree 0
    It is a bit too good to be true, what would be interesting to know is for how many success stories there are sad ones.
  • Helsbels | 11 Nov 2016, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    It seems to me, they have set the criteria that their investment properties must meet and research until they find them. I would hazard a guess that an enormous amount of hours have gone into their due diligence for each one, and I reckon countless properties have been struck from the list along the way... which in effect has raised the odds for the success. I anticipate there is a lot of strategic planning going on in the buys and sells in this portfolio. We are only seeing the results here, which, depending on attitude, may generate hope and or at least motivation to learn more by others. We aren't seeing the toil. But regardless, whether we like it or not, this couple have succeeded by having an unusual commitment of doing everything it takes to get the results.

• WayneG | 13 Nov 2016, 07:10 PM Agree 0
    Hi,
    I would like to know where the information is collected from (other than "the internet somewhere" 😊 ):-
    "We also look for growth areas in high demand. The suburb has to have low vacancy rates, good rental returns, access to public transport and, if possible, redevelopment potential in the future."
    Thanks for a good article.
  • Dean | 14 Nov 2016, 04:52 PM Agree 0
    Sound like an extremely stressful, dangerous and lucky way to make a few bucks
Post a reply