Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Investment unit - 1 or 2 bedrooms?

Notify me of new replies via email
Sandy | 14 May 2013, 01:32 PM Agree 0
Hi, I've started looking into buying my first investment property (thinking of a Sydney unit, on the train line, with a price range of $200-250k). What's your experience on what gets a better rental yield & lowest vacancy rate - 1 bedroom or 2 bedrooms? I guess while we're at it, is the ground floor preferred by tenants, or an upper floor (assuming in that price range there'd be no lift)? Thanks.
  • Francis | 17 May 2013, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    Hi Sandy, I have a 2 bedroom apartment and a 1 bedroom apartment. They both cost about the same price. So the one bedroom is in a better area with a great view. The 2 bedroom is in not as good an area with a lesser view. The 1 bedroom achieves a better rental than the 2 bedroom. So I would definitely go for a 1 bedroom next time.

We all have a budget, the price we can afford to pay for a property. So in your case $250k. Well my experience has been that if you choose a 1 bedroom apartment you can buy in a better area or with a better view etc. So it will be easier to rent out at a better price and far easier to sell.

Because if you choose a 2 bedroom you wont be able to buy in the better area or will have to compromise on the view etc. So with any budget 1 bedroom apartments always out perform 2 bedrooms because you wont have to compromise on location , views etc.
  • nyari | 13 Jun 2013, 05:08 PM Agree 0
    Hi Sandy...where ins Sydney are units for that price??
Post a reply