Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Legitimate course/seminars in property investing

Notify me of new replies via email
Candice | 27 Jun 2013, 12:35 PM Agree 0
As an emerging property investor, I want to really get my head around various aspects of tax, legal issues, structures, etc. But, I don't want to go to seminars that are trying to sell me an investment strategy - I just want to learn about current issues, tax benefits, pitfalls, etc, etc.

Can anyone suggest a legitimate course provider or similar?
  • Eos Property | 29 Jun 2013, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    Can't help you with seminars but can recommend a couple of books.

Structuring - Look at 'Trust Magic' by Dale Gatherum-Goss.
    Tax - Search the ATO site for 'Guide to Rental Properties 2012"

Both pretty good sources of information.
  • Julie O | 29 Jun 2013, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    I have attended a lot of seminars and read a lot of books and the most valuable use of my time has been reading Winning Property Tax Strategies BAN TACS Accountants Pty Ltd by Noel Whittaker and Julie Hartman - best book I have read and certainly better than any seminar.
  • Dave | 27 Jul 2013, 04:53 PM Agree 0
    I've tried many over the years and can honestly recommend Destiny who I've recently joined, they have a branch in every city. Well worth the money IMHO.
  • Investment Property | 07 Feb 2014, 10:53 PM Agree 0
    I would like to know more about importance of offering best information on dealing any seminars if anyone interested in real-estate. Please suggest me best information about that.
  • TimP | 14 Feb 2014, 05:34 PM Agree 0
    I've self taught myself a fair bit about the property market however my friend at Catalyst Finance also gave me some awesome advice
  • Ben | 18 Feb 2014, 04:51 PM Agree 1
    If you go to any seminar, expect to be sold something, it is simple as that. Do your own research and educate yourself, there is plenty of information available in the internet ie ATO website etc
  • Ash | 05 Nov 2014, 06:06 PM Agree 0
    My friend recommend me Australiana tm investor, maybe this will help you.
  • Jen_Finance_Writer | 14 Nov 2014, 04:15 PM Agree 0
    At PWF we plan to have some educational property seminars next year, the first in February 2015 at Chermside. There should be a lot of topics covered, like tax depreciation, analysing cash flow, long term portfolio building, and some of the other planning elements. It is not a pressured environment at all, just great speakers and there would be no phony discounted offers that we have all seen before. You can register at in the new year.
Post a reply