Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mackay information

Notify me of new replies via email
88matt | 05 Oct 2014, 11:27 AM Agree 0
To readers,

I bought a house in mackay 2 and a half years ago when the was " booming". I was currently working up there at the time.

Since I bought the property I noticed a decline in work and people around the area. I put the house on the market at the end of 2013 because I was afraid it would continue to worsen. Which it did. I since have lowered the price to about 50k less then what I bought it for which Is a far bit to someone of my age. I have it rented it out at the moment but only periodically so that may not last. I'm trying to buy another house which is a struggle as I have no equity at all in the mackay property.

I would like to know everyone's thoughts if they think Mackay will pick back up again. Just to ease my mind a little.

And with these to big projects coming up in the Bowen basin Carmichael coal and arrow energies csg will have any benefits at all to the Mackay region. I'm lead to believe that those to large projects are fifo from brisbane. Which makes me think that won't help the Mackay region at all.

Any info from you would be good thanks
  • Adso | 15 Oct 2014, 07:19 AM Agree 0
    I'm working on curtis island and am hearing a lot good news re work for the mackay region coming up in mid 2015 so I would not sell just ride out the storm. And remember you haven't lost anything till you sell
Post a reply