Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mortgage Broker

Notify me of new replies via email
| 18 Jul 2012, 01:09 AM Agree 0
Hi I'm new here. Can anyone recommend a good Mortgage broker for IP in Perth WA preferably South of the river?

Has anyone heard of Blackburn Investments in West Perth and what are your thoughts on them?
  • Burnhi | 24 Jul 2012, 05:56 AM Agree 0
    Not sure if its the same one, but Blackburne Property sold an off the plan apartment in West Perth to a friend of mine. What he signed for and what he got was 2 different things. He signed on an apartment that had a massive balcony 70sqm. A year and half later he put his house on the market, so that he would have the money to pay for settlement. He received a letter in the mail, from Blackburne of their settlement date etc, as the complex was near complete. Inside the letter was the drawing of the complex. He looked at it and found that they completely changed his apartment, and cut 50sqm off the balcony! Blackburne's said they knew nothing about the changes and it wasnt their liability it was the developers. They continued on trying to force him to pay the same price, trying to use the excuse the apartment was worth more. In the meantime he had to try to stop the sale of his own house. Only once he got a lawyer involved blackburnes cancelled the contract. So he basically lost 2 years.
    So if you are going to buy off the plan with them, ensure you follow everything through, all the way....

• seville | 25 Jul 2012, 01:42 AM Agree 0
    Thank you so much for your reply burnhi! I followed my instincts and didn't go to their meeting. I'm so glad I didn't!
  • Burnhi | 25 Jul 2012, 02:18 AM Agree 0
    No worries. He is the only person I know that has dealt with them, and he happen to have a bad experience. There may be people that have had good experiences also.....Ill leave that upto other forum members.

I am not one for buying off the plan, however some people do make money from this. My style is more buying established houses, as they are generally already in the best locations and I enjoy land value increases.

• Eos Property | 26 Jul 2012, 03:23 PM Agree 0
    Know a broker in Canningvale if that is of any use to you?
Post a reply