Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Neighbours hate my tenant, I think he’s great

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 23 Aug 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
My current tenant is great: pays on time and never wants anything from me, except now I’m hearing complaints about him from the neighbours. They say he regularly jams with a band in the living room and has made uninvited sexual advances on girls in the complex. What should I do? Should I let him stay?
  • Tony Neale | 23 Aug 2012, 04:39 PM Agree 0
    If there is a Body Corporate or Owners Corp, then the request may have to come from them if the tenant's behaviour breaches their laws. However, there is a presumption of innocence here and complaints are not necessarily facts. The complaints should be requested in writing, cc to the tenant and the BC. There are often 2 sides to every story. Keep it fair. Cheers.
  • Pascoe | 24 Aug 2012, 05:13 PM Agree 0
    I would like to know the definition/difference between uninvited sexual advances and invited sexual advances.
  • Andy King | 08 Jan 2013, 03:12 PM Agree 0
    You must be a rare Landlord/investor. Most couldn't care less who is in thier unit, as long as rent comes in and the place in not trashed. I am an owner occupier in a unit, and have a Stinking smoker next door and a holiday unit beneath me. This means that we have the occasional Stinking Smoker under us. As it is not illegal , the only thing for me is to hope the neighbour dies from Smoking related illness or to move. With my luck, he will out live me... Investors are parasites who snap up properties, and put scumbags in them, which disrupts the neighbourhood, and they can claim everything back at Tax time, due to the useless Government and thier deluded idea that the Landlord is providing a service. In reality they are reducing the opportunity for people to buy thier own home. Just my 2cents
Post a reply