Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

No1 Property Guide. Any feedback?

Notify me of new replies via email
Damo | 16 May 2017, 02:25 PM Agree 0
Hi all,
I came across No1 Property Guide whilst looking on the realestate.com.au.
They seem to be some form of property development and sales group who find first home owners and first home investors properties with low deposit.
As with many Australians I am stuggling to get into my own home so I thought I would investigate them a bit more and complete some "due diligence"
I have contacted them and they pre-assessed me saying I can afford to loan $550,000. They then had a lady call me to say she is responsible for finding me a house and land package that I can secure for as little as $1000 deposit and later on about $2000 in legals.
I am honestly thinking this sounds to good to be true?
They are linked with another company called build or built, when I look on that website they have many nice properties for sale, but none have prices on them, they all say "price on application"
Has anyone dealt with these companies before? I would be interested to hear your story.
It appears they have MANY happy customers and not even 1 bad review, which is a bit suspect in itself.
I am wondering if they perhaps over inflate the price of the property and that is how they make their money.
Please let me know your thoughts or experiences if you have dealt with either no1propertyguide or build or built.
Thanks
Damo
  • Kristal | 03 Jun 2017, 10:03 AM Agree 0
    Hi Damo.
    Am looking at all the same things you are. Not finding a whole lot of information but have checked their abn and it is definitely registered and all looks legit so far. Please let me know if you find anything else.
    Cheers
    Kristal
  • No1 Property Guide | 07 Jun 2017, 05:10 PM Agree 0
    Hi Damo

I am the director of No1 Property Guide and Build or Build, good to see people looking right into what is offered. With technology today, everything is at our finger tips which makes researching very easy.

Not sure how you found us on realestate.com.au, as we don't even advertise on there, but I also can't find you on our data base as an enquiry.

1: 5 Star Rating - We pride ourselves on elite customer service and achieving what most would only dream about. Feel free to message these customers who have taken the time to review our Company.
    2: Inflated the price - All properties are valued by a independent 3rd party, which is requested from the lenders. If they don't value, then with no or low deposit the deal is off.
    3: Legal's are solely what solicitors charge, you would need a solicitor whether it's through us or buying an existing home. Normally range between $800-1400.

Reviews on Facebook work like this, you can either have them active or hidden. Most Companies who have poor service have it hidden because they are hiding bad reviews. Leaving them open, everyone and anyone can leave a review.

Most customers who have reviewed our two Companies, have pictures or videos of their Facebook profile.

Any other questions, please feel free call me on 0415489479. (This is my personal mobile, please call throughout normal working hours as I have young kids)

Regards
    Darren Walters
    No1 Property Guide
    Build or Built

• | 03 Sep 2017, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    Inflated contract prices is what u should be careful about. Make sure Valuation is done and contract price not taken for val. May have trouble with Valuation later on when trying to refinance or even sell.
  • Lolo | 04 Oct 2017, 04:20 AM Agree 0
    I have a family friend who had their first home loan approved with no deposit. So they are honest in what they say. I was sceptic as well until I saw my family friend posted up saying that all has been approved and standing in front of their land where their house is going to be built. I have also consulted with them to buy a house as well.
  • #Propertywatchdog | 09 Oct 2017, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    I wouldn’t trust any of these cowboys in the market. Money hungry developers waiting to prey on the gullible.
  • KP | 09 Oct 2017, 11:15 PM Agree 0
    I've also come across them, sounds to good to be true, wondering if there's hidden costs or fees etc. sceptical also as all there reviews are 5 star not one bad review. I have contacted them, and asked what there interest rates are, been told same as banks but without deposit required .still not 100% on doing anything further with them.
  • Amit | 17 Oct 2017, 12:00 AM Agree 0
    It only took 6 weeks for us to get 100% Approval. Everything they tell is upfront and there are no hidden costs involved. You have to be honest in supplying docs they request and how soon you respond. Our journey (with 2 young kids) have been wonderful so far. Finally out of rental and going to own! Wow. This is no gimmick people. Genuine people with genuine business with so many happy first home buyers and investors as well.
  • David | 11 Nov 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
    Hi Damo,
    It is too good to be true.
    These types of companies are all marketers that used to sell investment properties and are now preying on first home buyers. The prices are inflated by their sales commissions which start at $25,000 and some are as high as $40,000. The properties are well over priced.
    Their not developers, their not brokers, their not builders their just the middle man and their loyalty is to however pays them the most commission. I would thoroughly check out any company that advertises no or low deposit and find out who they are, what is their background, who is the builder.
    My dealings with this type of company has been, unethical and totally unprofessional.
Post a reply