Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

NSW strata amendments introduced to parliament

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 16 Oct 2015, 05:28 AM Agree 0
The NSW parliament will debate proposed changes to strata legislation in the coming weeks, but will the changes make life easier or increase the cost for apartment owners?
  • Strata living is the pits | 16 Oct 2015, 06:32 PM Agree 0
    If I had to guess, Victor doesn't live in a unit! giving a strata committee more power to dictate how one has to live is mind blowing! You can easily fork out close to a million on an apartment in Sydney e.g northern beaches and then have to seek permission for almost everything short of eating and sleeping.. Perhaps it's my problem because I can't afford a house but to be told I can't have a pet, can't have air conditioning, can't have Foxtel, cant have floorboards is enough to send a person insane. strata is like saying you don't own your property because you sure as hell cant do anything they don't approve of, and sometimes strata committees are full of neurotic irrational individuals with nothing better to do with their time! And before any assumptions are made that I'm a troublesome owner, I don't make noise, I park in my own spot and I never impede on common property, and I pay my levies on time, nothing makes a difference. strata living is the pits I hope the new legislation crashes and burns.
  • | 19 Oct 2015, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    Touché, couldn't agree more.
    Well said!

A word of caution, anybody looking for a professional strata management
    Then steer clear from Irvine in Sydney.
Post a reply