Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Owner wants to evict and move back in

Notify me of new replies via email
xanather | 15 Jan 2017, 09:05 PM Agree 0
As the title says the owner has decided to evict us and move back in for "personal reasons"
Our rental contract period is finished and we currently just pay week to week.

A co worker mentioned that the owners must live in the property for a year after we vacate the premises, is this true? With the current rental market in the area I have a feeling he wants to re rent the property at a much higher amount than we currently pay.

The realestate agent/landlord have been pretty good but are now constantly calling wanting to know how long till we will be out even though we have around another month to vacate the premises. This has caused a lot of stress to my young son and the relationship with my wife...

this is in nsw btw
  • Property88 | 16 Jan 2017, 08:21 AM Agree 0
    I'm not sure that there are any rules around how long the owner has to move back in. However you do have the right to stay there until your final day free of harrasment from the PM. If you have around a month to go, I would inform the property manager of your firm exit day and also ask them to help you find another place to live!
Post a reply