Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Population growth is pushing up house prices

Notify me of new replies via email
Michael Mata | 29 Sep 2017, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Migrants are competing with residents for homes to rent and purchase
  • Jetie | 02 Oct 2017, 03:21 PM Agree 0
    The full statistics of population increase for each state or territory would be appreciated.
  • Katt | 08 Oct 2017, 03:28 AM Agree 0
    I agree with this one, it is only natural for migrants to choose house for rent in their stay here in AU. The larger the population, the greater the demands for renting-and-owning a house and the higher the selling price for the houses.
  • OZ | 20 Oct 2017, 07:13 PM Agree 0
    It needs to stop. The strain on infrastructure is too high, and there is a cost to most Australians. A simple example is that residents of Sydney and Melbourne are forced to pay tolls to drive on roads which don't even give you as good a trip as it used to be.

It is also of no benefit to the economy, except for housing construction which is a dead end game and diverts investment (and workers) from industries where we could create more goods and services to export. Do we really want our cities to be as crowded as Shanghai or Mumbai? I don't think so.

Time to think of Australians as a whole and not just ourselves, and what will happen in the future if we send all our investment to residential property. If we get a lower return on property so be it, we'll still get a return. Selfishness make people so ugly....
Post a reply