Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Prime Minister defends negative gearing

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 12 Jun 2015, 06:24 AM Agree 0
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has defended Australia’s current negative gearing policies and has warned that changes to the scheme would result in higher rents
  • Guddi | 12 Jun 2015, 03:28 PM Agree 1
    I don't generally support anything that the LNP say, but in this case I do. Can someone please tell me who will be providing houses for rent, if there is no incentive for investors to actually buy houses. Investors pay double the amount in stamp duty, they pay all the expenses related to the house. Yes you get some of it back on tax, but compare the difference to how much is actually spent out of pocket. Its really not much you get back. So tell me Greens, if investors don't buy houses to provide for renting, who will do it.

What should be done is, more affordable housing needs to be constructed for people who want to buy. You can even have certain housing only available to first home buyers for purchase. Think outside the square. PS I'm a renter.
Post a reply