Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Property Secrets- Paul Giezekamp

Notify me of new replies via email
Colin | 07 Oct 2013, 11:44 PM Agree 0
Did anyone watch the story on Today Tonight in regards to Property Secrets and there owner Paul Giezekamp??

Is this story true i have bought 1 from this company and i always had a bad feeling after as i heard a lot of rumors he was ripping a lot of people off?
  • Deborah Petlueng | 08 Oct 2013, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    Property Secrets- I also bought through Paul and did a renno- which I was ripped off on- having learnt more I now know that the price I paid for the renno was far too much and probably because Paul got a kick back from the builder. Luckily I pulled out of doing the granny flat as I was not happy with the builder or quality otherwise I would have suffered more. I was also lucky not to go with a quote for electrical work Paul got for me through this same builder as when I got another quote it ended up being half the price the PS builder quoted. Now I know why. Think we should all join together to take a class action against him
  • Colin | 09 Oct 2013, 07:44 AM Agree 0
    Just to let everyone know I contacted Fair trading to lodge an complaint I was given a reference but they did say they have had a lot of complaints. This is so wrong to innocent people fair enough if I knew about all the fees paid by the builders
  • Alex | 09 Oct 2013, 08:12 AM Agree 0
    I too have bought a property throgh property secrets and I have nothing but good things to say about my investement. However, one thing that puzzles me is how paying customers, such as yourselves, prefer to post negative comments online rather than contacting the company itself and sorting things out. Additionally, the only class action to be taken here is against your spelling capabilites. Cheers
  • Colin | 09 Oct 2013, 12:07 PM Agree 0
    Hi Alex to let you know property Secrets have gone into voluntary administration and the director is no longer Paul Giezekamp. If you have too much money to burn then no worries but people like me who work 6 days a week as a labourer would like to know if someone who you have trusted with your financial affairs are just looking after there's. cheer
  • odyss | 13 Oct 2013, 01:13 AM Agree 0
    Alex it is good we have found somebody who was happy with the service Paul was providing.
    I for my part was always told by Paul that it’s only my Granny flat which really takes way longer and it’s the builders fault, and the councils and anybody else, and everybody else is very happy and nobody else had delays or price blowouts.

Paul also told me once that he had enough of my negativity.

When after a year of fighting the Granny flat was finally ready, he was happy to offer to refinance all my loans,( so he can get a lot of commission on them) and may be do the next deal but now his fees would be higher.
    So I fear Paul was never interested in doing anything to clear his name, if he would have been concerned about his reputation or if anybody will down the line make a bad comment about him he would have for sure tried to sort things out and make sure he makes all his customers happy.
    I did not really see much chance with fair trade so I just took it as a expensive lesson, but am happy now somebody took the time to bring this all to light and maybe some people get some of their money back.
  • Bricman | 16 Oct 2013, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    Does PS advertise with this publication?
    I had a terrible time with this guy, nothing but a con, it is a fantastically organised scheme. For every 1 person who was merely happy witht he service, there were / are 12 that are very unhappy! great return?

Simialr to previous comments I took it as a lesson and yes i did fight back, unless everyone fights back at the same time, it's usually in vein. He always said "who would want to be abroker these days" well you PG, becasue you will have a nice commsion(s) for the next 20 years +

Stay well clear, keep your hard earned money from the Vultures

People lie, the numbers don't.
  • Darius | 17 Oct 2013, 11:47 AM Agree 0
    Hi Colin, where did you find out this information? "to let you know property Secrets have gone into voluntary administration and the director is no longer Paul Giezekamp". ?

I have been searching ASIC website and can't find any info about them/him at all. I even looked on the governments scamwatch page. Why aren't they letting the public know/warning us?
  • Sean | 17 Oct 2013, 12:15 PM Agree 0
    Colin, I echo Darius' message - since when have PS gone into voluntary administration? No details of this anywhere online. It is a cause for concern for both existing customers and the general public.
  • Shelley | 18 Oct 2013, 08:20 AM Agree 0
    I have purchased a house and paid dept etc for the granny flat however after she had done this PC advised that due to the valuation we could not obtain finance. Granny flat builders won't give us any money back, I would love to talk to others as in not really sure what to do
  • bricman | 18 Oct 2013, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    Shelley

I went through the almost exact same thing. They even promised me that they would definitely get the finance, and I too paid for associated Granny Flat costs upfront. They still wanted me to pay the 6 grand.

Lodge complaints with Fair Trading first up and try social media and some of the newspapers etc, just get it out there as much as you can. Don't go the Solicitor route, it will cost you thousands with not much result.

Would like to know if he is still operating and how this info was sourced. (Colin)
    There just bad news, please stay away from them and keep your hard earned savings.
  • Colin | 18 Oct 2013, 08:03 PM Agree 0
    I was sent paperwork from Woodgate & co as i was a creditor saying PS Enterprises trading as Property Secrets has gone into volulantry adminstration. I took them to the CTTT with many other clients trying to get our secret kickback referral fees back from Paul that he received.

So after speaking to the person who is handling this matter i was informed that PS Enterprsies1 trading as Property Secrets has been created and the director is Harry Giezekamp.

So in doing this means anyone with any claims cant get anything back because its shut down. This was also confirmed by the Fair Trading inspector who is handling my complaint
  • Shelley | 18 Oct 2013, 08:14 PM Agree 0
    Hi Colin thanks for the reply, did you end up going ahead with the granny flat, and if so do you feel you made the right decision
  • Shelley | 18 Oct 2013, 08:15 PM Agree 0
    Also wondering what people think of the real estate handling the whole thing
  • Secrets | 18 Oct 2013, 09:43 PM Agree 0
    Everything negative stated here about Paul Giezekamp posted here is 100% true. He is a liar and will tell you anything to get money from you. In public, on his property trips he comes across as a friendly genuine guy but he most certainly is not.
    In regards to PS Enterprises going into "voluntary administration" - this 110% correct. He has done this do he can continue to get away with ripping people off.
    All I can say is I hope his world comes crashing down around him soon.
    Gutless, spineless little man he is.
  • Colin | 19 Oct 2013, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    Yes Shelley unfortunately I did. Firstly took just under 1 year to get all the finance done by Property Secrets then I had problems after. Im glad I sold and got out of the whole thing. Its a bad experience
  • Rent Boy | 20 Oct 2013, 11:09 AM Agree 0
    What are you whinging about really , I have had enough of this jealous bullshit. Really if you could do it yourself you would but hey you dont know how to. Its complex do you think this deals fall out of the sky , there are so many variables to worry about and at the end of the day its the last squeeze of the lemon to try and make up for your lost time in the markets and your quick make up so that you can retire happy. Paul is a good operator , he has been around a long time and he charges for his services which he can , he can also charge whatever the market can pay , remember Supermarkets don't tell me of their soft commissions they pay and they don't have to , developers don't tell me of their margins... so why should he tell you all of his numbers ? At the end of the day if it was so easy you would do it yourself.
  • MBE | 21 Oct 2013, 02:02 AM Agree 0
    Hi just looking over these comments- Seems to me Rent Boy- YOU ARE PG or another rep. caught up in the scam.. If you cant tell ALL of your numbers and EXPLAIN legitimately what where how why when.. you have offered these services and then NOT delivered to satisfaction.. Id say the TAX office isnt getting the FULL picture either and YOU ARE RIPPING these trusting HONEST people off and NEED to be reported and OUT OF BUSINESS!!.. if its not YOU, your comments are very SUS as to WHAT you might be about doing yourself.. BE AWARE ALL OF YOU..!!!check out BEFORE you INVEST with SCAMMERS..
  • Nat | 23 Oct 2013, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    I suggest contacting Property Observer with concern to your cases. They're just done a very interesting piece about him and would love to hear your cases.
  • Ray | 06 Dec 2013, 08:05 PM Agree 0
    I hear Property Secrets are trying to sue everyone for defamation or try to shut them up. Very desperate how funny!! Shame on you Mr Giezekamp for taking mums and dads for ride.
  • Kyle | 22 Dec 2013, 09:54 PM Agree 0
    Colin, Sean:
    From ASIC's insolvency page -
    https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/PS-Enterprises-Australia-Pty-Limited-133873186/91e72507-2294-44b4-9bdb-ee6c04c75e04
  • Tom | 08 May 2014, 09:40 PM Agree 0
    This scammer is still going

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/financing/tax-and-legal/30681-paul-giezekamp-set-to-appeal-after-ncat-rules-7-000-commission-undisclosed.html
  • Buy Residential Property in Bhubaneswar | 12 May 2014, 08:44 PM Agree 0
    it's a rumor..no need to pay attention to those..
  • Shelley | 11 Jul 2014, 06:10 PM Agree 0
    This company has been bought out and is now operating under a different name
  • Marie | 19 Jul 2014, 07:31 AM Agree 0
    Hi Shelley, please let public know what the new name of this company.
  • Darren | 24 Jul 2014, 02:26 PM Agree 0
    Hi Marie. Have had contact from Tony Williams at "U Property" Checked their website. Contact address is 2 Stanley Street Leichhardt. Quick google street view shows shopfront still signed as Property Secrets. Could "U Property" be the new name?
  • Jambu | 29 Jul 2014, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Yes Darren. Property Secrets are operating under a new name, U Property. How was your experience with them? I had been there in the last week. I am confused as they are offering to do every thing (includes selecting property, plans, council, building, etc). I am afraid, I dont want someone to have control of my ' so called boat', specially if it involves my life savings. Hence this becomes a major risk factor. Also as stated above, you can also do the same your self (with some efforts) and at least you know what you will be getting as an end product as you will doing all the hard work.
    Any suggestions?
  • Boombox | 30 Jul 2014, 03:05 PM Agree 0
    Darren / Jambu...your revelations are an eye-opener. But I haven't been able to find anything online in relation to U Property or Tony Williams or their bizarre connection to the now "defunct" Property Secrets. Mind you, I have received calls from both them (PS a few years ago, UP last few weeks) and they both sounded very convincing.
  • Jumbo | 31 Jul 2014, 01:33 PM Agree 0
    Hello Boombox,

You will not find anything on the internet about U Property but if you go at their shop front, you will find it.
    They sound convincing (they have to and thats how they have made/make clients).
    Any successful/ happy clients yet??
  • Boombox | 01 Aug 2014, 03:15 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Jumbo. U Property have been hounding me for a face-to-face meeting. I think I'll stay away and watch a new episode of Top Gear instead.
  • Shelly | 03 Aug 2014, 09:14 AM Agree 0
    Don't go near these guys it will destroy your life
  • Bindi | 22 Aug 2014, 08:58 PM Agree 0
    Yes property Secrets are now acting as U Property beware Stay away from them we were nearly burnt but pulled out over highly inflated bills and very poor management!!!! Very nice to you then once they have you signed up and then when problems occur won't answer your calls. Thought we were getting professional help but it is far from that.
  • Phil | 23 Aug 2014, 08:32 AM Agree 0
    I have previously purchased with Property Secrets and have nothing but great things to say about them. I was sceptical at first over the "Today Tonight" sager but am now 100% confident with Paul and his team.
    I've told them I will buy again when I release some equity from this one.
    • john | 16 Nov 2014, 12:06 AM Agree 0
      Hi Phil,
      Man don't ever buy from property secrets. He is one big con man that that play on mum and dad investors, with no experience at all. The guy should be made pay back all clients.
  • Aaron & Lise | 27 Aug 2014, 04:28 PM Agree 0
    After seeing bad publicity and bad feedback from others, I decided to give Property Secrets a go as I wanted to make my own judgments based on my own first hand experience.
    After building a Granny Flat & getting great rental rental return (like Paul said I would) I decided to buy & develop in WA. After our sale of our WA property, my husband & I can safely say we will retire comfortably.
  • Paul | 27 Aug 2014, 05:49 PM Agree 0
    I purchased two properties in Balga (Western Australia) through Property Secrets in order to develop.
    I was told that the townhouses would sell for approximately $385k on completion, I was over the moon when they sold for an average of around $425k. Yes, $40k EXTRA per townhouse over what I was expecting.

My partner and I have just put down a deposit on a very nice 1.7 million dollar house in the inner west thanks to Paul and his team.

Balga was the number 1 capital growth suburb australia wide for 2013.

Some of you people on here are very very sad.

I would not have the first idea where to start about knocking down a house and building 3 townhouses on one lot. You get what you pay for. Paul could double his fees the next time around, if I make half as much the next time, I would be more than happy.
    • Repolist | 25 Jun 2015, 11:30 PM Agree 0
      Paul the reason I think you are lying is because after years in the industry I know people do not speak like this. "An average of around $425k" This is how sketchy salesmen speak these do not sound like the words of someone who just cleaned up on a property deal.
  • Bindi | 29 Aug 2014, 10:54 PM Agree 0
    Looks like we have some paid office staff given well versed scripts, how about $10000 bill to remove fencing etc for granny flat what a joke, like the service and company. Similar comments of bad service on other forums. Let down once never again.
  • Mr Sensible | 04 Sep 2014, 08:34 AM Agree 0
    Dear Paul (27/8), I think you're misleading the public here. The PS model for the townhouses in Balga should sell for $450k each (not $385k) so you have made a LOSS of $5k per townhouse. Cheers
  • Scotty | 28 Aug 2015, 06:43 PM Agree 0
    Property Secrets changed name to UProperty group as Fair Trading formally closed them down.

Paul Giezekamp has no licenses anymore if you do a search on fair trading website and is not allowed to practice.

At this stage the company is legally run by Parricia Nerra as Paul still pull the strings in the background.

Same address, same concepts and same Jockey just different horse.

If you want clarification all you need to do is Google head to Fair Trading and the proof is there.
  • Anthony | 11 Apr 2016, 09:53 PM Agree 0
    Blast from the past still running

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/9102312/property-secrets-exposed
  • nickg198 | 13 Apr 2016, 07:30 PM Agree 0
    The firm’s chief executive Nick Buick, a billionaire hotel owner, wants to establish private property rights on the Moon in a bid to tackle Chinese lunar dominance. He believes “the final nail in America’s 21st century coffin is likely to be China’s takeover of the Moon.”
Post a reply