Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Proven Growth Areas

Notify me of new replies via email
PTagg | 12 Jan 2013, 04:29 PM Agree 0
I've heard the advice to only buy in a "Proven Growth Area" I guess to maximise capital growth. I can tell by the property charts in the Investment magazine if prices in an area is growing or falling but how what would be defined as a "Proven" growth area.
  • Eos Property | 13 Jan 2013, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    I must admit I do not know which specific stats you refer to but the key issue to look at longer term trends rather than shorter trends of 12 months. I would even classify 5 year stats as a little on the short side albeit much better than 12 month figures.

To give you an example of what I mean - this side (on lower RHS has a listing of Australia's top suburbs over the last 12 months. The list currently has Moora listed as the best performing suburb in Australia).

For those who don't know - Moora is a small town in the wheatbelt area of WA. It has struggled for a long time due to the marginal nature of the wheat/sheep farm industry and the fluctuating prices. While Moora may have been the best performing suburb in the last 12 months I am positive it would not rate at all over the last 10 years.
Post a reply