Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Q&A: Should I subdivide and sell?

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 02 Nov 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
I’ve had my home for more than 20 years, but have decided to downsize and move closer to the city. It’s a pretty old place and I was wondering what the merits are of knocking it down, subdividing and then selling the land? It’s my PPOR, so will I have to pay CGT?
  • Leanne Wortley | 30 Jul 2012, 02:58 AM Agree 0
    Thankyou for helping me understand a little in relation to subdividsing land and the possible misconcpetions t
    s I had. I am still a little hazey here though. I have a principal place of residence that original cost me $50,000 in 1983. I have also purchased the home next door in Nov 2011 for $335,o000 plus SA taxes. I had intended, in the future to subdivide and demolish both homes to build 4 new dwellings. I owe $350,00 plus $80,000 on the properties and am now unsure whether it would be worth while financial or not. Can you provide a few senerios for my situation?? Kind Regards Leanne Wortley
Post a reply