Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

QLD Excerpt from the 2015 October Market report

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 01 Oct 2015, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Brisbane’s modest growth persists as investors wait for more signs of recovery in the market
  • James | 03 Oct 2015, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    Not sure about Brisbane but the Gold Coast has a real buzz amount it. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw really strong gains on the Gold Coast.
  • Ken | 15 Oct 2015, 08:43 PM Agree 0
    what is the logic here? "... high level of unemployment in Logan is causing the market to stagnate"

Say Logan has unemployment 100%, Logan residents could travel 25min to Brisbane CBD or 40min to Gold Coast for employment...
    If this was Regional with high unemployment and residents needed to travel few hours to find alternate employment, then this statement maybe valid.

I travel 60min one way each day for the last 10 years in Sydney for employment, and I don't see this to be a concern.
    The property buyer I know who purchased in Logan in the last 1-2 years did very well
  • Ken | 15 Oct 2015, 08:43 PM Agree 0
    what is the logic here? "... high level of unemployment in Logan is causing the market to stagnate"

Say Logan has unemployment 100%, Logan residents could travel 25min to Brisbane CBD or 40min to Gold Coast for employment...
    If this was Regional with high unemployment and residents needed to travel few hours to find alternate employment, then this statement maybe valid.

I travel 60min one way each day for the last 10 years in Sydney for employment, and I don't see this to be a concern.
    The property buyer I know who purchased in Logan in the last 1-2 years did very well
  • SEZYBEE | 16 Oct 2015, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    I have a investment property on the Gold Coast, was thinking of selling...maybe not then?? Can anyone tell me if there is certainty in an increase in property values on GC??
    • Gockie | 22 Oct 2015, 06:39 AM Agree 0
      Sezybee, if its a house, keep it. If its a unit, consider selling it. Why? Because well located houses on land will become a scarce commodity over time so prices can only go one way - up. Sure, new housing will pop up, but it will be on the fringes, ie. Be not so well located.

Units however have very little land content and many bright and shiny new units can easily come onto the market, decreasing the buyer demand for your existing property. Its not so hard to add 100's of unit to the market quickly.

Fewer buyers, less competition --> lower sale prices. Therefore I commented as I did.
Post a reply