Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Queensland investors benefiting from strong sales market

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 05 Feb 2015, 11:30 AM Agree 0
Investors in Queensland look to be benefitting from improved selling conditions and are placing their investment properties on the market.
  • TDay | 10 Feb 2015, 02:07 PM Agree 0
    We are in deep trouble with our 1st investment property. Purchased a property in Gladstone for $560k plus costs. It has now dropped more than $150k in value. Its is tenanted and getting $380 per week. We are so confused whther to cut our losses and get out or stick with it. We were in such a good position before this due to an inheritance. Please help. Anyone?
  • avidinvestor | 10 Feb 2015, 02:17 PM Agree 0
    I believe Gladstone is recovering from that big hit. If you can afford to, I'd suggest holding and all will come good in time.
  • SAinvestor | 10 Feb 2015, 07:29 PM Agree 0
    Hold it TDay and don't lose sleep over it, you only lose money if you sell, unfortunately that the property market for you. Property is very forgiving and it's value will come up again. If it was me I would look at purchasing another one
  • BadInvestor | 21 Mar 2015, 07:11 AM Agree 0
    I too have been hit hard by Gladstone, seen close to 150k fall from property prices there.
    What can I expect when my interest only loan needs to be re-assessed in 2017? will the bank require more money or simply be happy for me to pay principal and interest.
    purchased for 500k worth less than 400k now, rents from $650/w to $350/w. owe $457k on the property.
  • David | 22 Mar 2015, 04:16 AM Agree 0
    Hi TDay,
    Could you please tell me did you get this property through agent.Please explain if yes than why in Gladstone ?
  • | 31 Mar 2015, 05:25 PM Agree 0
    Hi. We purchased through an agent. And we saw in magazines and researched and it looked the place to buy.
Post a reply