Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Rental vacancies up in CBDs

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 21 Jan 2014, 11:23 AM Agree 0
Vacancy rates are rapidly increasing across the country as new houses and apartments are being released into a range of inner city localities
  • jillian | 21 Jan 2014, 05:35 PM Agree 0
    well I solved the problem somewhat on my one bedroom investment unit in Brisbane CBD.It wouldn't rent so I've moved in, at least for the time being. Am quite enjoying painting and tiling it myself in all the colors I like and buying all new appliances. Incidentally using loan money I borrowed to buy another one.
  • nickc | 23 Jan 2014, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    I think if LL just reduced the price of rent by a fraction can make the difference of tenanted or not.
  • Dulong Ttil | 24 Jan 2014, 07:22 PM Agree 0
    Japan has been applying an assertive Monetary Easing Policy, which drives the YEN downwards successfully. The immediate result shows that their Export and Tourism industries have picked up swiftly. Japan is now enjoying healthy export growth and has much more tourists visiting Japan.

With the sound and robust stimulation by Japan’s Monetary Easing Policy (which in fact mainly injecting more printed notes into the market by their Central Bank), the Nikkei has soared from 10,398 to 16,291 just in 2013. Nikkei marks its best performance in forty years, and also the top performer among Asian markets in 2013. Analysts name this “Nikkei Ends Year on a High in Quiet Asia”. This is the power of an aggressive Monetary Easing Policy.

Australia should consider this as a viable option to improve our economy outlook , so that our export can be improved instantaneously.

A lower $A can help to improve our Export competitiveness, save the Australian farmers, exporters and manufacturers and reduce our trade deficit. It can also help to improve our Tourism industry, which was seriously damaged due to the high $A.

Another thought is to engage a linked currency with USD, (e.g. A$1:US$0.80), which can give overseas investors good confidence in our economy stability.

Post a reply