Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Research into Joint Ventures

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 09 Oct 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
I’m trying to be smarter in the way I purchase my future properties to maximise profits. I've been looking into developing rather than buying each property as it comes to the market as I’d like to pay under ‘retail’ value. The below is my understanding of what I've been researching and should not be taken as fact as I’m a layperson sharing my experiences only.
  • Jess | 10 Oct 2013, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    Great blog Lisa, interesting to see how thinking outside the norm can reap rewards from the get go!
  • Sue Evans | 11 Oct 2013, 12:36 PM Agree 0
    Another great blog Lisa. I think I would be thinking along the same lines as you about this JV. Your comment "There were too many unknowns for my controlling nature" hit the nail on the head. I am dead keen to do something out of my comfort zone but this one is way too far!!
  • Mark | 16 Nov 2013, 05:38 AM Agree 0
    That's for setting the scene and explaining in a simple and easy to understand manner. A great insight into the process and risks. This (a JV) is also in my strategy and I have similar concerns about being "severally liable" for the full debt of the JV whilst wanting to finance other deals during the JV period - which is likely to be long with 1-3 overlapping deals. So I guess it is better to get the 1t deal done to build equity and cash-flow in the JV to make deals 2 & 3 a little easier to secure. :-)

Good luck on the next one Lisa!
Post a reply