Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Revealed: Suburbs where you’ll make $$$, suburbs where you won't

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 20 Mar 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Which of Australia’s property markets have been predicted to achieve average annual growth of 6%-plus? And which ones are expected to achieve a paltry 0.41% per year? Read on for the latest predictions from Residex.

• Curious | 22 Mar 2012, 01:59 PM Agree 0
    Hi, how can both in houses and units, the Australia wide growth rate be at 7.7% and 6.45%, respectively, which is far above that of any and all growth rate forecasts of the cities and country areas? Sydney with its 6.48% and 4.49%, respectively, should at least be above the Australia wide statistics if it is the nation's leader. Something is definitely not right here and I would not give credence to these statistical growth forecasts.
  • YIP | 22 Mar 2012, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for your comment. A similar comment was posted on the Residex website, and here is the response that Residex CEO John Edwards posted on their site:

"This is because we are selecting the median property in Australia and looking at its predicted outcome. We do not weight numbers together when we are undertaking calculations.
    i.e. If we are looking at Sydney, then we consider the median for Sydney.
    If we are looking at all of N.S.W., then we consider the median property for all of N.S.W."
Post a reply