Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Short term renovating prior to demolition

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 03 Sep 2014, 10:31 AM Agree 0
In undertaking a cosmetic renovation for a short time period I needed to consider what works would give me more ‘bang for my buck’ in attracting tenants. The house will be demolished after that time and none of the fittings will be retained and as such I didn't want to be spending unnecessarily. I did however want to provide a nice tidy home for people moving in and be able to achieve the best rent possible.
  • Dale | 03 Sep 2014, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    Wow, looks like you put a lot of work into it Lisa (and your mum:-) ). Nice improvements though. When looking into rental property investments, do you have a target price bandwidth for optimal rental yield.
  • Ali | 03 Sep 2014, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    Wow .... looks fantastic .. well done
  • Peter Famlonga | 03 Sep 2014, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    Fabulous work Lisa!
    You have done a great job on a limited budget which will not doubt benefit the rental side for a better tenant.

Well Done!
  • Peter Famlonga | 03 Sep 2014, 01:51 PM Agree 0
    Fabulous work Lisa!
    You have done a great job on a limited budget which will not doubt benefit the rental side for a better tenant.

Well Done!
  • GEF | 03 Sep 2014, 02:24 PM Agree 0
    looks like you are awinner keep or demolish
  • Lisa Curtin | 04 Sep 2014, 08:40 AM Agree 0
    Hi Dale, I do crunch the number's but my main aim is capital growth over a time period of say 10 years. I'm aware of the need to pay for the shortfall but I don't have a magic number/calculation that the deal must fall within. Since getting a LOC I find I'm more flexible and much less stressed as I was in previous purchases as my salary had to cover any shortfall....Now I just need to wait patiently until my broker tells me I can go again :)
Post a reply