Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Simple ways to get your real estate agent to sell faster

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 18 Oct 2012, 10:00 AM Agree 0
Your real estate agent will earn a healthy commission out of the sale of your home so make sure they earn it
  • Laura | 18 Oct 2012, 12:48 PM Agree 0
    I have to agree with point 1. An agent that is willing to discount their own commission is generally not the best agent. If they can't stick to their guns when negotiating something that is directly beneficial for them do you really think they will do the best job of negotiating the sale of your property for the highest price possible. Agents are like any other item - you generally get what you pay for. A sub-standard agent in these conditions will struggle to make a sale, a good agent will and that is why they are worth full commission.
  • Aron | 18 Oct 2012, 01:41 PM Agree 0
    I completely agree with Laura, very well said (I presume she means disagree with point 1). As a Vendor I would be concerned if I could negotiate down the person that is going to be negotiating me the highest price for my property.
  • Summer | 19 Oct 2012, 05:24 PM Agree 0
    This idiot actually has the first point highlighting picking the agent who lowers their fees... because they're obviously the best negotiator to handle such an expensive asset? I wonder if they'd choose the cheapest lawyer if wrongly accused of murder, or the cheapest doctor if they needed serious medical attention. Perhaps prior to writing this ridiculous article they should "arm" themselves with information on how well the "discount" cut rate agents perform and how long they stick around. Apparently this person hasn't heard of the old saying "you get what you pay for". What a dill. No agent can properly run their business on cut rate fees without cutting corners in quality, admin, dedication, training or skill. Simple as that.
Post a reply