Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Sky-high yield figures divide opinion

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 19 Mar 2013, 11:00 AM Agree 0
RP Data’s revelation that it is possible to get 16% rental yields in one of Australia’s emerging housing markets has some commentators urging investors to get active, while others are not so sure
  • ben | 19 Mar 2013, 02:25 PM Agree 0
    The sales evidence for the NT market emerging suburbs has always been out of touch with reality, if RP Data dig deeper with their data they will find they are calculating rental returns on vacant land sale prices, Bellamack's titles have only been registering in the last 12 months and resales with constructed houses are few and far between.
    I think people like John Symond and RP data need to do a bit more research before releasing potentially misleading information in the way of press releases to push their own companies.
    Good on Tony Schelling for his diplomatic quote obviously not trying to offend the powers that be from the big smoke
  • Barbara in Darwin | 19 Mar 2013, 06:40 PM Agree 0
    Agreed. I have made the same comment regarding previous RP data articles. A friend who bought in Bellamack advised me that the title for her land sale was lodged after the builders had completed the work, but was based on the vacant land price. If anyone cared to follow it up they would see that the prices are based on land not completed packages - it makes me wary of using other RP data figures.
Post a reply