Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Tenants go to heaven, landlords go to jail?

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 05 Apr 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A landlord who sneaks into tenants' beers, a landlady who sings outside her tenant’s window – we surveyed Aussies who broke their leases early and found out what bothered them most about their landlords
  • Trevor K | 11 Feb 2013, 06:58 AM Agree 0
    What an eccentric collections of stories. I was expecting to hear "my landlord puts the rent up by 5$ each time". Or " my landlord takes months to repair problems". Not this stuff, this is trash, give the readers aka"property investors" something useful to work with from your survey results.
  • Greg | 11 Feb 2013, 06:49 PM Agree 0
    Agree with Trevor K. Where did you dig up those respondents from, Weirdoville Heights?

One bed bug I have with Tenants is when you rent a property, you rent it in an "as is" condition. If somethings not working, hot water etc, sure the Landlord must fix asap.
    I wish I had a dollar for every tenant that within a month of signing a lease start demanding for home improvements. Hand railing for the shower, new carpet, remove carpet as I have an allegy, re-align concrete driveway, move the carport gate & fence, install seperate switch for bathroom fan. The list goes on.
    If you're a good tenant and been renting for say 3 years, I'll consider. If you just moved in then answer's no, bugger off.
  • A renter | 26 Apr 2013, 04:27 PM Agree 0
    How long since you've been renters Trevor and Greg? Me thinks quite some time.
Post a reply