Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Terminating a tenancy contract

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 13 Oct 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Ending a tenancy can be a tricky business, with problems between landlords and tenants, unfortunately, an all too common occurrence. So how do you avoid potential disputes?
  • c clarke | 07 Aug 2012, 08:58 PM Agree 0
    my tenent has a 6 year lease left and has been paying $310 per fortnight for the last 4 years A correct rent on todays market is around $530 per fortnight.I now find I cannot financially keep this arrangement going I am on an old age pension of $ 680 less than the full pension because I have this unit and I am assessed on assets My tenent gets a full pension about $100 more than me and also a rent allowance.She has always pleaded poor,does not cook for herself ,but cons people to feed her 3 that I know of in the last 4 years ,At first they think poor old lady (80) like I did then get tired of caretaking so she moves to the next Although rent is always on time she has broken our lease in other ways The garden her responsibility is never attended to , She has put up fixtures without my permission .Had the reticulation at the back removed without my permission,Will not issue me with a key Has not paid a pet bond I have been told these are not valid reasons for having her removed .The unit is on the market but as soon as perspective byers hear about the low rent they lose interested.Any Ideas would be helpful .At the moment I cannot afford a lawyer thanks
  • Shivaji | 13 Jan 2013, 10:48 PM Agree 0
    If my 1 year fixed term tenancy agreement with my tenant is due to expire on say Feb. 16, 2013, and I do not wish to renew the tenancy further (as the tenant is a big head-ache for me), in that scenario do I still need to give him a notice? How much should be the notice period? In that case, how much should be the notice period? Can I get an answer to my email at rajeshivaji_9@yahoo.com please?
    Many thanks.
  • Kylee | 08 Mar 2013, 04:27 AM Agree 0
    Had tenant for fixed three months in Perth and hoped to continue with agreement then tenant gave notice a couple of days prior to the agreement ending and moved the day after
    In our agreement signed by both parties we agreed on giving each party 28 days notice
    After reading the investment property info, tenants with type of agreement don`t need to give notice in WA ,so in fact the agreement that we both signed means nothing if your a land lord
    Laws if this is the case need amending in WA
  • Wayne | 27 Mar 2013, 11:35 PM Agree 0
    Our fixed term tenancy ends in 2 weeks, the agent has requested all keys to be handed back on the last day but does not want to commit to a final inspection date which they (the agent) want to conduct with the owner before deciding what amount of my bond to refund. Seems a bit strange in that we have rented for 26 months, never had a poor inspection report or been late with rent or other payments, is this standard practice for South Australia ?
  • jennifer | 05 May 2013, 06:56 PM Agree 0

Are you looking for a business loan, personal loan, home loan, car
    loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan, unsecured loans, venture
    capital, etc. .. Or were you refused a loan by a bank or a financial
    institution for one or more reasons.You in the right place for
    your loan solutions! I am a private lender, I give out loans to
    companies and individuals at a low and affordable interest rate of
    2%. Interest. Please contact us via email Jenniferjohn536@gmail.com

BORROWER’S DATA S

1)Full Name:……………………………………………….
    2)Country:…………………………………………………..
    3)Address:………………………………………………….
    4)State:……………………………………………………..
    5)Sex:……………………………………………………….
    6)Marital Status:………………………………………….
    7)Occupation:……………………………………………..
    8)Phone Number:…………………………………………
    9)Currently position in place of work:…………………
    10)Monthly income:………………………………………
    11)Loan Amount Needed:……………………………….
    12)Loan Duration:…………………………………………
    13)Purpose of Loan:……………………………………..
    14)Religion:………………………………………………..
    15)Have you applied before....................

thanks,
    Mrs Jennifer
  • Amanda | 11 Aug 2014, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    We have rented out our house in WA for a 12 month contract privately. The tenant has done nothing wrong but we want to move back into our house. There is still 6 months left in their contract. How do I go about ending the please???
Post a reply